27

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Though I patiently waited bedside for the death of today."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Welcome to LA, my love!"

Tyler stared out the window with wide eyes as he watched all the buildings and cars pass them by on the highway. "It's so big!"

Josh chuckled. "Yep, it is. Busy too, huh?"

"Yeah, I thought Columbus traffic was bad." Tyler smiled, bouncing up and down in his seat. "This car's so nice too!"

Josh reached over and patted Tyler's knee. "It's even nicer with you in it." He smiled when his Keeper started blushing. "I'm really glad you came with me, baby."

"Me too. And the plane didn't crash either!"

He laughed. "Not crashing is totally sick."

"So sick." Crossing his legs, Tyler took Josh's hand and interlaced their fingers. "Um, where are we going?"

"Heading to the hotel right now so we can check in and relax. A four hour flight can make you stiff." Josh laughed a little, mind going back to the "problem" he had earlier which, thankfully, had gone away. "It's 5:00 right now, which means it's 8:00 back home. Are you hungry or do you want to wait?"

Tyler thought about it for a moment. Honestly, his stomach was filled with so many butterflies that food was the last thing on his mind. "We can wait, if that's okay with you."

"Of course, sweetness." Josh squeezed his hand. "We can get settled, watch some TV, snuggle up together..."

"That sounds really nice."

"Are you still feeling soft?"

He gave him a shy nod. "A little."

Josh smiled. "Well hang in there, baby boy. I'll take care of you."

"Will you carry me to the hotel room?" Tyler teased.

"I mean, if you want me to..."

He giggled. "Josh, I'm not that needy."

Josh nudged him with his elbow, chuckling a little. "Hey, anything for my baby boy."

● ● ● ● ● ●

"Did you text Fynn that we made it safely?"

"Mhm, Annaliese too. She says she's jealous."

Josh laughed. "We should plan a trip with them someday."

As Tyler followed Josh down the hallways of the Waldorf Astoria, he was in absolute awe at the sheer... luxuriousness of everything. If this was a dream... he never wanted to wake up.

Josh stopped in front of the door. "And here we are, my darling. Ready to see the room?"

Tyler smiled. "Ready."

Opening the door, Josh let him go in first.

"Oh, my gosh..."

(The hotel room they are staying in. ♡
https://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/waldorf-astoria-beverly-hills-LAXWAWA/accommodations/K1S.html)

Closing the door behind them, Josh chuckled. "Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" Walking over to the bed, he ran his hand across the bedspread. "This room is gorgeous. And the view... wow." He turned around to look at Josh. "This is amazing, I've never stayed in a hotel before."

"This is your first time?" Walking up behind him, Josh wrapped his arms around Tyler's waist. "I should have booked the penthouse suite then. You know, just to spoil you a little."