Reflex|D.S

Summary: You and Daniel get in a fight, and it gets a little heated.

Warning(s): Argument, cussing

You couldn't remember why you were fighting. You and Daniel had been going back and forth for what felt like hours, both of your stubbornness getting in the way of reason. You both wanted to be right so badly that you both were willing to put everything at risk. It was ridiculous, you and him both knew that, but in the moment, neither of you really gave a shit.
It all began when you and Daniel had gone out together. It had started off fine. You two had just gone out to the mall, wanting to get some holiday shopping done and spend some time together. As the day went on, Daniel swore up and down that every guy you guys encountered was trying to get with you. You didn't see that, of course, and that's how you ended up where you are now.
"I just don't understand why you're okay with other guys flirting with you!" Daniel shouted.
"You're delusional!" You shouted back. "No one was flirting with me, and even if they were, I don't see why it matters! I'm dating you and I would never do anything to jeopardize that!"
"Well, you're doing a damn good job at that right now!"
"How in the actual fuck is this my fault, Daniel?! You're the one who decided to throw a huge hissy fit about a couple of guys allegedly flirting with me! Something I didn't even reciprocate, if it did actually happen!"
Daniel's face burned red. "Are you saying that I'm lying?!"
"NO! You're blowing everything out of proportion!" you said, rubbing your face with your hands. "Why are you even mad at me about this? If anything, you should be pissed at the guys you think were flirting with me!"
What happened next was a blur.
One of Daniel's hands, which was previously balled into a fist, raised. The tension in the air was so thick, you found yourself shrieking and jerking yourself away from him.
Everything seemed to freeze. No one said anything. No one did anything.
"...Did you...Did you think I was gonna hit you?" Daniel asked quietly.
"I...It was a reflex...You were just so angry and I didn't...I didn't know what you were going to do in the moment."
His face softened and he pulled you into his arms. "I'm so sorry," he whispered against your hair. "I was just worried that you would leave me for someone better and I know that doesn't excuse my behavior, but you're just the best thing that's ever happened to me and I don't know what I'd do if you left."
You rested your head on his chest, snaking your arms around his waist. "I could never leave you, Danny. I love you too much to do that.
"I love you, too, angel.

490 words 🌙🍀