Murphy's Law|J.A

Summary: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. But, sometimes, it helps to have a great support system.

Warning(s): Family problems, isolating oneself from friends, little bit angsty then fluffy
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
God, there was nothing on this planet that you understood more. In recent months, everything seemed to be crumbling around you.
In the past two months, you've dealt with illnesses in the family, deaths in the family, fights with the family, and God knows what else. On top of that, you were a full-time student with exactly zero (0) days off. You never had a break to just stop and address the issues at hand. So, everything just kept piling on top of each other until you were staring straight at a mountain of problems that you couldn't even begin to think of how to scale.
As everything started to come to a head, you found yourself isolating yourself from your boyfriend and your friends. You didn't want to burden them with your issues. They didn't deserve that. It was your problem, and it was your responsibility to handle it. Your friends didn't need to have any part in any of it. It wasn't their responsibility to deal with your shit. It was solely yours.
Most days, you were locked away in your room, on the phone with your parents as you got the latest update about your family situation. Most phone calls ended well enough. But others were...Well, to say the least, they ended with you and your parents trying to chew each other's heads off. To be fair, though, it was never either of your intent to pick a fight, but with everything that was happening, the smallest of things could set the other side off.
To say your friends were concerned about you would have been an understatement. They hardly ever saw you anymore and, when they did, you were so tense that they were terrified to say anything out of fear of you going off on them. You had become a force to be reckoned with in the worst way possible.
You never expected that you would have been confronted over your actions, though. You expected them to just leave you be, to let you wallow in your feelings. Never in a million years did you expect your boyfriend Jack to come into your apartment with the key you had given him. You almost cried when he came in, knocking lightly on your opened bedroom door.
"Hey, Y/N?" he asked softly.
You sniffled, having just got off the phone with your parents. "What do you want?"
You were lying on your bed, staring up at the ceiling. Jack climbed onto the bed, lying down beside you. "How've you been?"
"Honestly? A fucking mess."
"You wanna talk about it?"
You rolled over on your side, cuddling up with Jack. "There's just been so much shit going on at home. My papaw is in the hospital, my aunt is sick...I had to fly back home a couple weeks ago for a funeral...I can't seem to get on the phone with Mom or Dad without a fight starting because literally everything's turned to shit."
Jack's mouth fell open. "Why didn't you tell me any of this?"
"I don't know...You and everyone else had your own things going for you. I didn't want to bring y'all down because my life's falling to pieces."
Jack ran his fingers through your hair. "Y/N, you know you can tell me anything. You don't have to hide your negativity away from me."
"I just feel bad about—"
"Don't! There's nothing to feel bad about. You can't just keep all of this negativity to yourself. You need to vent and let it all out." Jack then sat up. "Now, c'mon, let's go get some ice cream and you can vent to me about everything."
You sat up too, a weak smile crossing your face. "Damn, I'm really lucky to have someone like you in my life."
"Damn right you are.

676 words 🍼🍪