Just a Joke | J.M

Requested by anon!!
Summary: Y/n pulls a fake hickey prank on Jonah and earns a more intense reaction than expected

Warnings? mentions of cheating I guess, swearing
______________________________________
I really need to film a video today but I don't know what to do," you whined to Daniel, who sat next to you on the couch while the other boys were out getting food. "I'm totally blanking on ideas."
"Why don't you do a prank video? You haven't done one in a while and it's a perfect opportunity since the boys aren't home yet," Daniel suggested, uncrossing his legs as he reached forward to grab a strawberry from the plate you placed on the glass table.
"That could work," you nodded, "any brilliant ideas?"
"You could do one of those ones where you have a fake hickey on your neck, those seem to be popular," he shrugged, looking over at you and lifting his eyebrows in anticipation for your response.
"I like it, but what if he gets super upset?" you asked, tilting your head to the side as you weighed out the pros and cons.
"Once he finds out it's not real it'll just be relief. We both know his reaction will be priceless," Daniel teased, his chuckle filling the room as you stood up off the couch and jogged upstairs to go through your makeup.
After applying different shades of eyeshadows and even lipsticks, you moved your hair and tilted your head back, examining the fake hickeys you had created on different parts of your neck and collarbone. You grabbed your camera and fiddled with it before finding a place to hide it, planning for the prank to unfold in his room.
You skipped out of the room and back to where Daniel was sitting, flipping your hair and motioning towards the hickeys.
"Look good?" you asked, lifting your eyebrow as you looked at your best friend, who's eyes had widened slightly.
"Yeah, actually, it looks real," he chuckled, standing up to get a closer look.
"He's probably gonna think they're from you," you pointed out after realizing there wasn't really much of another conclusion considering Jonah had seen you an hour before, hickey free.
"If I get punched in the face I'm blaming you," he joked, tapping your shin with the front of his foot.
"Blame yourself, you were the one who suggested this," you retorted, jumping back onto the couch as both of you waited for Jonah to get home, the anticipation and nerves washing over your body like a tidal wave.
The front door clicked open, the voices of the 4 other boys filling the entire house like a comforting and sweet ballad. Your heart raced and Daniel flashed you a smirk as the boys shuffled into the kitchen, placing the food down loudly onto the table.
After everyone basically scoffed down their food as the conversation kept altering, you took your chance to slide out of the kitchen once you were done and go into Jonah's room, hoping he would follow.
Sitting on the edge of the bed, you took a deep breath, the cool air filling your lungs as the door opened in front of you, revealing Jonah.
"Hey babe, you didn't even give me a kiss today," Jonah teased as he walked over to you, bending down and attaching his warm lips to yours before taking a seat next to you.
"Sorry, I was distracted by the smell of the food," you joked, kissing him again, feeling more and more nervous about the events that were about to unfold.
As you and Jonah began talking about your plans for the day, you purposely moved your hair away from your neck, adjusting the soft fabric of Jonah's hoodie to ensure it wasn't concealing the mark on your neck.
"What's that?" Jonah asked softly, his eyebrows furrowing and his eyes narrowing as he got closer to you.
"What's what?" you replied, moving away from him instinctively as you tried to act suspicious and cover the mark again with your hair, but instead felt Jonah's soft hand moving it back.
"What the hell Jonah?" you asked, laughing slightly since you weren't able to hold it in.
"What the fuck is on your neck?" he asked, pointing to it as he stood up off the bed sharply, looking down at you as you sat there, a fake look of seriousness plastered on your face.
"Jonah there's nothing on my neck!" I said in annoyance, rolling my eyes at him as I turned my head, revealing the second one I had placed.
"There are two. Y/n seriously, what the fuck?" he asked again, reaching down to you to touch it but earned a swat from you instead.
"It's nothing, Jonah!" you exclaimed, "maybe it's from when I did my hair this morning or something I don't know!"
"You're such a fucking liar," he said angrily, his jaw twitching as he continued to stare at you, his eyes alternating between your neck and your face.
"I'm not lying!" I whined, crossing my legs under my body, Jonah's tone of voice feeling like a shadow cast over the entire room.
"That's not a burn, Y/n, it's bruised, that's a hickey you can't even tell me it's not," he fought.
"It's probably from you," you muttered.
"It's not from me!" he defended, "there was nothing there this morning it is not from me. Did you cheat on me with Daniel while I was gone?" he accused.
"What? No! Jonah you're crazy! Don't you trust me?" you acted, throwing your arms in the air.
"Oh I'm crazy? Me?!" he snapped. "I honestly cannot believe you right now."
He let out a sharp exhale as he turned around, slamming the bedroom door behind him as you heard his loud stomps fill the house as he made his way downstairs.
You looked at the camera and covered your mouth, eyes wide at the intense reaction you had gotten out of Jonah. You grabbed the camera as you pulled the door opened quietly, the floor creaking under your feet as you slid out of the room and downstairs, seeing Jonah yelling at Daniel, cornered at the back of the room.
"You fucking gave my girlfriend hickeys and thought I wouldn't find out?" he yelled, "you're honestly unbelievable how could you do this to me?"
Daniel looked at you, his blue eyes wide with panic, silently begging you for help. You handed Corbyn the camera since he was closest to you and ran over to Jonah, placing your hands on his broad shoulders as you tried to pull him away from Daniel.
"Jonah, stop!" you exclaimed, a small laugh escaping you as he whipped his head around, red in the face.
"Don't fucking touch me," he cursed, whipping his arm out of your grasp.
"Babe! It's not real!" you exclaimed, watching his face alter, but remain angry.
"You're so full of shit," he fought.
"It's makeup! I swear! Try to rub it off," you said, tilting your head so the fake hickey was in full view. The soft pad of Jonah's thumb touched your neck, rubbing it a few times in the spot where the hickey was placed, eyeshadow coming off on his finger.
"It was a prank!" you re-affirmed, rubbing it off yourself and showing him the faded hickey along with the purple and red colors that had transferred onto your fingers. "Corbyn has the camera in his hand!"
Jonah shut his eyes for a few brief moments, letting out an audible sigh as he turned around, walking quickly towards the front door and closing it loudly behind him.
"What did you do?" Jack laughed, covering his mouth with his hand as he looked in the direction where Jonah had gone.
"Honestly that was a better reaction than I thought," you admitted, "but I'll be back."
You jogged towards the front door, opening it to see Jonah sitting on the bottom step, his head in his hands.
"Jonah, baby, I'm sorry," you said softly as you lowered yourself onto the step beside him, reaching for his hand which he reluctantly allowed you to take, not saying a word.
"It was a joke, Daniel came up with the idea and we thought it would be funny. I didn't think it would upset you this much," I said to fill the silence that was only broken by the sound of birds chirping in the distance.
"Are you mad?" I asked.
"Yes," he muttered.
"Aw come on baby, I'm sorry, I love you!" I cooed, pressing my lips to his rosy cheek multiple times.
"I just-I thought you cheated on me and I couldn't believe it," he added.
"I'm sorry my love, I would never cheat on you, you know that," I affirmed, bringing his large hand up to my face and pressing a kiss on the back of it, lowering it back down onto my lap as I ran my thumb along the back.
"I know," he breathed, finally looking over to you, his cold eyes softening at the sight of you.
"I'm sorry baby, do you still love me?" you pouted jokingly.
"Of course," he replied, cracking a weak smile as he kissed you on your lips and then your forehead.
"It really looked real," he pointed out, rubbing his thumb along your neck again, his right eyebrow slightly raised.
"I promise it's not," you laughed, "but I gotta admit, your reaction was pretty priceless, the fans are gonna love it."
"Sometimes I really hate that I love you so much," he groaned, shaking his head as you attacked him with kisses and apologies, instantly making him feel more at ease, just like you were always able to do.

1629 words 🥶❄️