Don't know|D.S

Brief) summary: argument, then it's resolved (:
Like to Be You - Shawn Mendes & Julia Michaels - love this song rn

"Daniel you can't just say things like that!" I exclaim louder than before.
"What I can't say 'you should of been there for me'?" He asks with a hint of sarcasm, from the opposite side of the room.
"No, I know that's not what you meant, Daniel. But I can't just always be there, Ok, I have my own problems too you know!" My voice is loud, but my argument is weak; I can't just expect him to understand all that's been going on in my head for the past few months. "You've been away for so long, you can't just think that everything is the same, because it's not."
"I know it's not, I can clearly see that Y/N!" Daniel tells me. "Before I went on tour the last time we fought was after that incident in the mall. And now I'm back, all you've done is get mad at me for no reason. I've only been back a week!" Daniels voice raises at me. A bubbling sensation ripples in my stomach, as Daniel tries to accuse me of something i can't help.
"Don't even say that! I'm not mad at you Daniel! It's just hard when I haven't seen you in so long and so much has happened." I explain to him.
"What do you mean? So much has happened? I know that! I was away for months!" He exclaims, throwing hands in the air. I bite my lip, not wanting to spill everything I've thought.
"Daniel, not like that... but mentally." My voice has now dipped to a whisper. I stare at the ground, tears of worry and fear and anxiety and confusion all race to my eyes. Trying to blink them back, I attempt to remove the memories of thoughts, from the past few months when Daniel wasn't here, from my mind. Despite all my efforts though, a tear drips from my face to the floor.
"Y/N?" Daniels voice is calm but anxious in his question. I can feel his eyes burning into the top of my head as I continue to stare at the ground. His footsteps patted on the floor, and his arm wraps lightly around my shoulders as he guides me to sit on the bed. He scuttles around to the other side of the bed and sits on the edge, not wanting to be so close after just fighting. "Don't cry, Y/N." His tone is now just calm, though he obviously is still oblivious to what's going on. "Look I'm tired too, but I don't want to go to bed like this, so can you just talk to me...?" He asks soothingly, his fingers trace patterns in the sheets, I watch them from the corner of my blurred eye. I refuse to answer, I don't want to tell him. It will just confuse him and us as a couple and I don't want that, I don't want him to leave. "Because I don't know what it's like to be you, but I want to, because I want to figure this out. But I need you to talk to me." His words are almost patronising, but they're so Daniel like that I know they aren't. Finally, I lift my head slightly to look at him. My eyes clamp shut, quickly. Another tear falls. 
"I'm sorry." I say quietly. I open my eyes to see Daniels watching the single tear fall down my cheek. "I'm so sorry, that we're stuck arguing again. It's my fault, I'm sorry." I weep again, Daniel twitches. I can tell he wants to help me, but doesn't know how. "If I could put myself in your shoes, then I'd know what it's like to be you and what you're thinking right now about me and about this situation and about us two, but it's hard to explain Dani." I tell him as softly as I can with a husk in my throat. I repeat the nickname I do often use, I can see the faint flicker in his eyes at the sound of it; it's an endearing nickname.
"Y/N I'm sorry I've been away for so long and put us in a difficult situation. And I'm sorry we keep getting stuck in the middle." Daniels head drops now.
"No, it's not your fault, please don't blame yourself for what's going on, please don't babe." I squint in pain at the nickname, again.
"Well can you please talk to me, so I can figure out what is going on, and how we can sort us, because I don't want to loose you Y/N." Daniels perfect blue eyes look up and meet mine. His perfect honesty swells my heart slightly. "I don't want us to go. But I feel like it could every time we argue and get caught up in moment like this, and I get worried." Suddenly, my eyes snap down to see his fingers touching mine gently, lightly.
"Daniel, I...-"  
"Please just tell me what's inside of your head." My boyfriend sounds and looks desperate for information, worry creeping onto his expression. "No matter what you say or what it is, I promise I won't love you less. And if I did, it'd be lying." His hand grips mine instantly. My eyes bulge open wide, I glance up from our hands to his eyes.
"You... you, uh," I begin to stutter quietly, gathering his attention. I clear my throat before swallowing nervously. "You love me?" I ask. Daniel let's out a breath I didn't know he was holding. I feel his thumb gently massage my hand, the feeling often calms my nerves and lets me know of his presence and support.
"Course I do." A small smile meets his lips, and his soft words sooth me. My eyes can't leave his, not that they want to. My tears cease, and my breathing begins to regulate again. I never thought Daniel would be the one to set my heart back at a steady rate, normally just at sight it beats like crazy. However, this is different. Now his words bring safety, and a sense of home and belonging. Daniel shuffles closer to me, bringing himself to sit opposite me and on the bed properly. "Can I kiss you?" He asks delicately. I nod my head before he leans in, I kiss him. My eyes almost fill with tears again at the purity of his emotions. Daniel sits back and the small smile remains on his lips. "Are you still mad at me?" He asks with a sense of timidity. A sudden slight chuckles gushes out my mouth.
"No." I simply state and his smile grows further onto his face.
"Do you wanna go to the movies or something, I know that always cheers you up." I consider his offer. "Don't worry, you look beautiful." He tells me knowing of the worry already in my head. A baby smile grows into my lips.
"Yeah, what'd you want to watch Seavey?" I ask whilst his stands us both up, our hands still linked.
"Hmm, I don't mind. You can choose when we get there." I nod at his suggestion, then he kisses my forehead and begins to walk away to grab a jacket or something.
"Hey," I pull him back via our finger link. Daniel spins quickly in his tracks. "I love you too." I complete the pair of phrases he started only moments ago. My boyfriend squeezes my hand in his, I look up into his eyes as he bends down to kiss my lips, tenderly and soft. His arms wrap around my torso and mine touch his cheeks lightly, we kiss with our newly discovered, and not ever disposed of love

1307 words 🧸🎀