Fear and Comfort (J.M)

This was requested by a cute anon and I liked the idea a lot!!

Summary: Jonah and Y/n are forced to watch a horror movie despite both of their hatred for it

Warnings? None, maybe cursing

Wednesday night. Movie night with the boys.
It was a tradition that had been going on basically since the moment you became friends with them. Every Wednesday when the boys weren't on tour or busy with music, you all got together, piled on the couch with blankets and snacks, and watched movies until you were too tired.
Jonah's arm was slung over your shoulders, your head resting on him as you watched Corbyn scroll through the movies on Netflix, everyone quietly discussing what they wanted to watch.
When he paused at the Horror movie section, Jonah protested, earning nothing but laughs from the boys.
"Horror movie it is, Jonah?" Corbyn teased, scrolling through them as he tried to find a good one.
"The Conjuring?" he asked, lifting his eyebrows as he looked over at the both of you.
"Can't we pick something else?" you suggested, not wanting to be kept up all night by a stupid movie.
"We never watch horror movies together, maybe you'll like this one can we just try?" Zach whined.
You looked up at Jonah, who let out a loud sigh as he shrugged, silently telling you that he guessed you guys should give it a shot for once.
You nodded your head, figuring maybe your random fear of dumb horror movies might have passed by now, even though you were pretty sure that wasn't actually the case.
Daniel hopped up off the couch, shutting the lights off before jumping back into his spot that was on the other side of Jonah.
"Here goes nothing," you mumbled as you placed the fuzzy blanket over you and Jonah, cuddling in closer to him as the intense opening music began, making you slightly nervous already.
Jonah rested his hand on your thigh comfortingly, leaning down to kiss the top of your head before diverting his eyes back to the screen.
The beginning of the movie was better than you were expecting, but after a while both you and Jonah had stiffened up, moving closer to each other under the blanket for safety.
Jonah nuzzled his face into your neck, his breath tickling your skin as he shielded his eyes from the screen in front of him.
The other boys didn't seem to take notice, too invested in the movie and their own fright, which they accepted with open arms unlike you and Jonah who resented it.
You hand found the back of Jonah's neck and then his hair, where you ran your hands through it in hopes of comforting him.
At one of the jump scares, both of you shrieked, grabbing each other tightly, able to feel the rapid beating of Jonah's heart through his hoodie as he held you tightly, his eyes moving towards and away from the screen as the movie continued.
"It's okay, babe," you whispered, laughing slightly at how pathetic the both of you probably looked to the other boys, and you noticed the smile creep onto his face after you kissed his cheek, making him feel better.
"Why do people like movies like this?" he asked, his nose scrunching as he cringed, his body tense in anticipation of the next jump scare. "I don't even know why it freaks me out I don't like it."
"It'll be over soon," you chuckled, running your hand through his hair one last time before being quiet to let the boys enjoy the movie.
You and Jonah released a simultaneous sigh of relief when the ending credits rolled onto the screen.
Daniel screamed in your direction unexpectedly, making you shriek and grab a fistful of Jonah's sweater in your hand, throwing a pillow at Daniel immediately afterwards.
"You're an ass," you laughed, turning away from Daniel as you pouted jokingly.
"Awww Y/n is scared," Daniel teased, reaching over Jonah and tickling your side momentarily, making you break into a smile despite your slight dislike for him at that very moment.
Eventually all of you decided it was time for bed, and you entered the bathroom to finish getting ready.
You shut your eyes to rinse of your face that you had just watched, gasping when you opened your eyes and looked in the mirror before realizing it was just a black towel behind you.
"Fucking horror movies," you scoffed to yourself as you turned out of the room, shutting the light off and walking down the hall to your room.
The hallway was dark save for the light pouring from the crack under yours and Jonah's room, and you picked up your pace and jogged into your room, closing the door quickly behind you.
"You okay?" Jonah asked jokingly, lifting his eyebrows as he pat the bed beside him.
"Fine," you nodded, flopping onto the bed beside him and shutting your eyes.
"Let's get some sleep," he suggested, reaching over to turn off the bedside lamp, pulling you close as he always did when the two of you went to bed.
"I love you," you whispered as Jonah ran his hand up and down your arm gently.
"I love you," he said back in a soft tone, "goodnight."
You shut your eyes in hopes of sleep easily washing over you, but they shot open when you heard a noise coming from the other side of the room.
You knew it was probably the house creaking, or the breeze from the slightly opened window rustling something nearby.
Darkness filled the room heavily, the only exception being the glimmer of the moon through the slim gap between the curtains, spreading across the carpeted floor.
You sighed to yourself as you flipped your legs off the side of the bed, Jonah groaning ever so slightly as you tip toed over to the window, quickly looking outside before shutting the window, rushing back to the bed as quickly as possible.
You shut your eyes again, hoping that you put your mind at ease and now you would sleep easily and soundly.
Every time you began to drift off, the images and thoughts of the movie you watched crept into your mind.
You glanced over at your closet, not being scared of it since you were a little kid, but the scene of the movie suddenly made you feel like your worst nightmare was hiding in there.
"Jonah," you whispered, "are you awake?"
"Mhm," he mumbled tiredly.
"I can't sleep," you told him, rolling over to face him as his eyes fluttered open to meet yours.
"How come?" he asked you, draping his arm over your torso.
"The stupid movie," you answered, feeling embarrassed and finally thanking the darkness for the sole reason that it was able to hide the blush appearing onto your cheeks as you looked at Jonah's smooth skin as shadows danced across his face.
"It's just a movie babe, it's not real," he assured you, placing a quick kiss to your lips before rubbing his eyes.
"Yeah it's stupid, I'm sorry," you sighed, adjusting yourself into a more comfortable position.
"Nothing's going to happen, Y/n. I won't let anyone hurt you. It's supposed to scare you, but you don't need to worry about the same thing happening to us, okay?" he said softly, his voice raspy as he tried to comfort you.
"I know I just-I don't know, I keep thinking about it and it's freaking me out," you shrugged, resting your head on his chest as he traced patterns along your back.
"Try taking your mind off it, think about something else," he suggested, the power of his touch already making you feel slightly better.
"Like what?" you asked.
"Like me," he joked, a tired smirk playing across his face.
"I don't know, you're pretty scary," you joked back, earning an exaggerated look from Jonah, who immediately laughed afterwards.
"Thanks," he laughed, rolling his eyes at you before kissing you again, knowing it made you feel better.
After you lay in silence for a few moments, Jonah began singing softly beside you. You were able to feel his breath against your skin as he lay so close to you, his gentle voice filling the room, washing away most of the fears you had been feeling, your mind completely focused on the sound you were hearing and the boy it was coming from.
You let yourself close your eyes, your body relaxing in his arms and he sang slow love songs to you. You didn't even realize the moment you stopped hearing his voice as sleep washed over you.

1453 words💫💐