Thank u| Jack

Summary: Jack tricks Zach in to confessing to you that he has a crush on you.
Warning(s): None that I can think of...

Jack was sick and tired of watching you and Zach dancing around your feelings. Every time you got close to confessing your feelings, something would happen. You and Zach would be back at square one. Jack wasn't the only one who was tired of watching the two of you skirt around your feelings—everyone was, really. But Jack was the only one who was crazy enough to do something about it.
He'd texted you, asking you to come over and told you that the door was unlocked so you wouldn't have to worry about knocking or anything. Then he convinced the boys to hang out in their rooms or outside while he talked to Zach alone. He checked the time, trying to time his plan perfectly. Thinking that you'd be coming in about the time he started talking to Zach, he launched into his plan.
"Hey Zach," Jack said, sitting on the couch beside Zach.
"Hey, dude. How're you?" Zach said.
"Good. I'm good." Jack paused for a moment, trying to decide if he should launch into questions or try to be more subtle. "So, I was thinking about something the other day."
Zach looked over at him. "Yeah?"
"Yeah, I was thinking, and I started thinking about Corbyn and Christina and what it'd be like if all of us had a girlfriend. But then I remembered for all of us to have girlfriends, we first have to, you know, like someone."
"Yeah?" Zach said. "Where are you going with this?"
Honestly, no idea, Jack thought. "Well, I was just wondering if there was anyone you liked."
"Nah." Zach shook his head, but he wouldn't meet Jack's eyes.
Jack didn't understand how Zach thought that was a good lie. He raised a brow, then hid a smirk as he heard the door open and shut. Y/N's here. "Really?" Jack pressed. "There's nobody that you like?"
"No," Zach insisted.
"You sure? What about...What about Y/N? Do you like her?"
Zach's face turned firetruck red and his eyes widened. "Dude, be quiet!"
Jack grinned from ear to ear. "So you do? You have a crush on Y/N!"
"SHhh!!"
Jack looked over his shoulder. Y/N stood in the middle of the room, her jaw dropped. He looked back to Zach. "You should just ask her out, dude. What's the worst that could happen?"
"Ummm, she could say no? Our friendship could be ruined! She'd never talk to me again, and then I would've lost the best thing that's ever happened to me!"
"You think I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you?" you asked.
Zach's head whipped around. When he saw you standing there, he jumped to his feet and took a step closer to you. "How...How long have you been standing there?"
You smiled a bit. "I don't think that's the question you want to ask me, Zach." He didn't say anything, so you looked to Jack. "I think you broke him."
Jack laughed, and pushed Zach to you. "Just ask her, Zach. I don't think she's gonna say no."
Zach's face turned even redder. "Y/N...Would you...Do you want to...Please, would you go on a date with me?"
You grinned, wrapping your arms around him. "I thought you'd never ask."
As you and Zach hugged, Jack cheered in the background. "Can't believe I had to trick you into confessing your feelings."
Zach glared at his friend and said, "You should be thankful it worked out."
Jack laughed. "Dude, the two of you were the only ones who didn't realize you liked each other! You should be thankful I tricked you!"
"Just thank Jack, Zach."
"...Thank you, Jack."

642 words 🌳🐸