Falling Apart | J.M

Requested? Yep by a lovely anon!!

Summary: Jonah has to leave for tour but is dealing with the heartache that comes along with it
Warnings? None

Y/n and Jonah lay under the covers of their shared bed at the Why Don't We house, silence filling the room as they had just woken up and sat in comfortable silence with each other, enjoying the company as always.
"One more week together," Jonah mumbled, pressing a kiss to Y/n's forehead.
"Don't remind me," she sighed, cuddling closer to him. "but then it's only 3 months before we're back together again. I'll be here when you get back and we can facetime and text."
"It's not the same," he mumbled, nuzzling his head into the crook of Y/n's neck, kissing it softly sending shivers down her spine.
"I know, but it's your job, I'll be fine here I'm a big girl," she giggled, not wanting to ever leave the warmth of Jonah and the heavy covers that lay on top of them as shadows formed by the morning sun danced across the white walls of the bedroom.
"Do we have to move from this bed?" Jonah asked, his breath tickling y/n neck.
"I wish we didn't" she replied, rolling onto her side and wrapping her arm around his torso.
"What am I gonna do without waking up to you every day for 3 months?" he asked rhetorically.
"I dunno JoJo, I'm pretty great," she joked sarcastically.
"You really are," he confirmed.
Later that evening, after spending a day out with the boys and taking a quick shower, Y/n walked into her room to change into comfier clothes for the rest of the night.
Upon walking in, she heard faint sniffles and saw the back of Jonah's head as he sat on their bed staring out the window
"Jonah?" y/n asked cautiously, wondering why he seemed to be crying after having a seemingly great day.
"Oh, hey babe, sorry," he mumbled, quickly wiping his tears from his face and eyes, hoping she wouldn't mention it, but of course she had to.
"Why are you crying? What's wrong?" she asked, sitting down next to him on the mattress, her hand finding his, intertwining their fingers as she traced circles on the back of his hand comfortingly.
"I just.." he began, exhaling loudly as if he had been holding his breath, "nothing."
"No, babe, what?" y/n asked, worried about her boyfriend who seemed to be in distress.
"I don't want to go," he blurted out.
"Where? On tour?" she asked.
Jonah nodded slowly, fresh tears welling up in his eyes, making them even more red than they already were.
"Oh my love," y/n cooed, putting her arm around Jonah, squeezing him lightly to her side.
"I can't go without you, I don't want to," he repeated.
"Jonah, baby, you'll be okay. We've been apart before. I'll be supporting you every step of the way. It's your dream, you have to go. When you're out there doing what you love most, you won't be thinking of how you miss me. I'm so proud of you, and you're going to be amazing," she comforted, trying to make Jonah feel better and definitely make sure he doesn't make any decisions based off of her.
"Why cam't you come?" he asked, half jokingly.
"I can't, Jonah. I'll be in school and stuff, this is your dream, your time with the boys and the fans," she said.
"But I want you," he mumbled.
"I know, baby, you'll have me, just not physically unfortunately," she said sadly, feeling tears well up in her eyes as she really thought about what her life was going to be like once he was gone.
"I'm so proud of you, but I'll miss you so much," she cried, pressing a gentle kiss to Jonah's warm lips, running her hand down his cheek.
"No now you're crying," he laughed weakly, wiping the tears that were streaming down her face.
"I'm sorry, I'm supposed to be the one comforting," she said, shaking her head as she tried to compose herself.
"It's okay, y/n, we're both sad," Jonah said, wrapping his arms around y/n as he rocked back and forth, humming a soft tune.
"I don't want to be," she countered, "I want to be happy for you, but I just hate the thought of being without you for so long."
"Yeah, who's gonna tell me how much of a loser I am or go on ice cream dates with me?" he asked lightheartedly, flashing y/n a smile although his eyes still showed that he was sad.
"I'm sure all of the other boys will," she winked.
"Yeah but they're not as cute as you," Jonah flirted.
"I mean....they're pretty darn cute," y/n smirked.
"Cuter than me?" Jonah asked.
"....I mean have you seen Jack?" y/n joked, nudging Jonah with her elbow.
"Y/n!!" Jonah exclaimed, his hand placed on his heart.
"I'm joking, you know you're the cutest," she grinned, kissing him softly as he giggled.
"God I'm gonna miss you," he sighed.
"I'm gonna miss you way more," y/n said. "We're gonna be okay,though. Somehow, we'll get through this without totally falling apart

884 words 🌲🐾