Ch. 46

Hermione's POV

It took me a few moments upon waking up to remember exactly where we were; Draco and I had spent the night at his parents' manor and we had gone to bed in his old room. I smiled as I remembered laughing when I stepped into his room, unsurprised at how dramatic it was.

The walls were a dark grey in color with black and Slytherin green accents, and his floor was a black marble with white accents, and that tile continued on into the bathroom. His furniture was all black as well, which I didn't mind since I preferred dark-colored furniture, but I couldn't help teasing him over the green accents.

I especially teased him about the black and green silk sheets on his bed, which he only laughed at before tossing a pillow at me.

Looking over at him, I saw that he was still fast asleep and I decided to go ahead and take a shower. Slipping out from under the covers, I quietly padded over to the bathroom and shut the door behind me. The bathroom reminded me of the Prefect's bathroom back at Hogwarts, just darker in color. The black marble continued on into the bathroom and into the shower that was large enough to fit six people comfortably. I was a little put off by the glass door but knew that no one but Draco would be walking in.

A few minutes later I was standing under the warm water, sighing as I started to wake up more. The shower door opening suddenly made me jump but I relaxed as soon as I saw it was only Draco.

"Didn't mean to scare you," He said with a smirk.

"You couldn't scare a bug," I retorted playfully.

He gave me a dramatic offended look, complete with putting his hand over his chest. "That hurt deep; I may need to reconsider this marriage."

"Oh really?" I laughed. "Well, I was considering asking you to join me for a shower but since you're reconsidering the marriage..."

He immediately pulled his sweatpants off and stepped into the shower next to me, his smirk turning into a grin. "Pass up on a shower with you? If I ever do that, take me to St. Mungo's."

I laughed again as he gave me a quick kiss before moving fully under the water. "I could just sic Ginny on you."

His eyes widened in fear as he said, "Oh please no, I've been subjected to her hexes before. Would really rather not have to be again."

Rolling my eyes, I stepped up to give him a kiss. He smiled as he pulled me against him, just holding me as he said, "Thank you again for this."

I smiled in return. "Of course. It was wonderful seeing you that happy."

"You realize I'm going to have to do something to repay you," He said.

"Draco, you don't need to do anything!" I laughed. "I suggested staying here because truthfully, I wanted to. Your parents are going to be my in-laws, and if they're willing to make the effort to accept me then I wanted to return the favor. I'd be heartless if I just up and left after all of that."

"Maybe not heartless, but certainly rude," He shrugged. "Either way, I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am."

We smiled at each other for a few moments before he leaned down to kiss me again. "Come on; breakfast should be ready soon."

We made our way down the stairs after finishing getting ready, and I was still picking at my clothes.

"Love, you look fine," Draco insisted reassuringly. "Trust me, they won't mind that you're wearing jeans."