Ch. 30

Hermione's POV

It was amusing seeing how flustered Draco was the next morning as he got ready for brunch at the Weasley's. If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was taking him to meet my parents for the first time again.

"What am I supposed to wear to brunch?!" I heard him exclaim from the closet.

"Just wear sweatpants and a t-shirt!" I laughed. "It's pretty much just pajamas as dress code."

I heard a frustrated sigh and he emerged from the closet wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I smiled at him and went into the bathroom to put on some quick mascara.

"Are you sure I'm not going to get attacked when I first step foot in there?" He asked from the bedroom.

I laughed again. "Draco, you've got me, Ginny, Harry, and possibly George on your side. You'll be just fine."

"I just want to make sure," He mumbled. "I've seen what their mother can do."

I finished with my makeup and walked back out into the room, pulling on a pair of soft black slipper boots over my leggings and grabbing my grey sweater.

"You'll be just fine, Draco," I smiled, squeezing his shoulder.

He smiled at me and sighed. "What about Weasel? Is he going to be there?"

I frowned at this, shrugging. "I'm not sure, honestly. But I've made my stance clear and I'm happy to reiterate it if he brings it up."

I squeezed his hand then and said, "Come on, let's go!"

He groaned as he sat up, grabbing his wand and putting it in his pocket while I put mine in my boot. I wrapped my arm around his and smiled at him before disapparating us away. We landed in the field surrounding the Burrow, but as we neared the house I could feel Draco stiffen.

"Just relax," I said quietly, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Maybe I should've just stayed home," He muttered, pausing before we got to the walkway. "I don't think they're going to be as welcoming as you think."

"Draco." I turned to him and took his face in my hands, forcing him to look at me. "Ginny and Harry already told them you were coming. I haven't gotten any sort of indication that Molly and Arthur don't want you here, so it is going to be alright. And I'm going to be right next to you."

He looked at me for a few moments before nodding and kissing my forehead. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

I felt my cheeks turn red as we made our way up the walk towards the door. We could already hear the chaos inside, joyful voices and cheers every now and then. Draco still had a nervous look on his face but I decided that waiting would be worse than jumping right in.

I opened the door to cheers at our arrival and George was the first to greet us. "Well, well! Isn't this an odd sight!"

He wrapped me up into a tight hug and asked quietly in my ear, "Things still okay between you two?"

I grinned as I answered, "They're great. Be nice to him, please."

He was grinning as he pulled away and turned to Draco. "Well, Malfoy, I can't say I ever expected you to show up to our humble abode."

Draco's face looked paler than ever as he nodded his head. "Can't say I ever expected it either."

He jumped slightly when George stuck out his hand quickly, but seemed to relax and even smile as they shook hands. George laughed slightly and said, "Don't worry, mate; you've been good to our Hermione, and that makes you alright with us!"