She Cheated

A/N
Hey! This book is doing surprisingly well. Thank you for the support! I'll update "Salvatore Sister" tomorrow. Thank you for your patience, too.
~~~~~~~

I didn't think I'd have to go through a "mean girls" situation. Now, I definitely should text James. I almost forgot he gave me his phone number. He probably thinks I don't want to talk to him. I'm in 8th period now. Miss. Marten was trying to get me to sing.

Apparently, the first marking period is all about vocals and what not. Then it's instruments. Through all of this, we learn about the history of music and how to read some basic notes. Mind you, I can't sing. Instruments are more of my thing.

"Lea, I'll expect some singing before Friday. I need to put you into a part." Miss. Marten says.

I nod. I'm still not singing. I can always lip sync. Anyway, the good thing is that Amber, Destiny, and Brittany are only in my first period and lunch. I can deal with that. I sit back on my chair and listen to the rest of the students sing. Another good thing is that I can be on my phone whenever I want. As long as it's not a distraction, of course.

"Did not know you had a girlfriend. -Via Lea🧐." I text James.

I know they're not dating but teasing him might be the highlight of my day. I put my phone away, quickly. Miss. Marten might think it's distracting me. It's not. Today, she said I can sit out since ... well.... I'm not singing.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates. I quickly pull it out and read the text from James.

"Hey, busybody 😉. I thought I was clear yesterday. I don't have a girlfriend. What are you talking about?"

I smirk as I reply to him.

"Well, have you heard of a Brittany?"

He starts typing but then the bubbles go away. What was he going to type? Sadly, I have no classes with him. And I can't find him because I have no idea where he is. Well, unless he tells me where he is. Highly unlikely now because after this class I have to go to the front of the school.

School is over at 2:45. I look at the time on my phone and see it says 2:30. You know what? A good bathroom break can't hurt. I have no idea where it is but that should buy me the rest of the class time. I could just go straight to the front. No worries.

"May I go to the bathroom?" I interrupt everyone singing.

Everyone gives me a dirty look. Including Miss. Marten. Is she not going to answer my question?

"You can't wait?" She asks.

"Nope. I might actually piss all over your floor." I boldly answer.

Where the hell did I get the balls to say that? She raises her eyebrows in shock. All the students look at her. Great. Jason is going to be pissed if I get in trouble. ON THE FIRST DAY!

"Leave. But expect detention tomorrow." She says and continues the singing.

Just for that? What kind of school is this? I grab my stuff and walk out the classroom. I start to roam around the hallways. They haven't given me a locker yet so I can't exactly go to it. I have no idea where the bathroom is, either. What can I do now?

My phone vibrates in my hand

"Where are you?" James asks.

"I just left class. I'm roaming the halls. 🙃" I answer.

I look around and try to makeup what hallway I'm in. There isn't anything specific about the hall. It's just full of lockers. Just like all the other ones. I continue walking. What if I just hang out in a staircase? That's fine. Now, I'm in the search for some stairs.