River of Tears

Out comes Alexander handcuffed. Blood on his pants.

"Oh- YOU BASTARD." Jason screams.  "WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

All he does is smile and turn away. Toby, the one who has him in handcuffs, pushes him into a police car.

Quickly, ambulances get on the move. I didn't notice them there. I wonder how or when they got here. I can feel my shaky hands over my mouth.

They're okay. They're okay.

"Where are my babies?!" Mom screams.

Suddenly out comes Dylan. In a Gurney. I let out a scream that I've been holding in for too long. I squeeze out of the officer's grip and make it close enough to see him. He's unconscious.

"Dylan- Dylan open your eyes." I cry.

I jump over the yellow tape tied between trees. I'm guessing it was placed while my mom and I were talking about how I need help. I run as fast as I can towards him and grab his face.

"Please- please." I stutter.

"You need to move. Now." A man orders me.

"You shut the hell up, that's my brother." I snap.

"We need another gurney over here!" I hear someone yell.

Another- what? No.

"Lea, Lea please get back here!" My mom yells.

The moment I look back at my grieving mother, they push Dylan away from me. Everything in me wanted to go after him and make sure he's okay. But I just couldn't leave the rest of my brothers without knowing if they're okay.

I turn my head again and make a run for it to the door that's wide open. The most I can see is blood on the floors before one of the paramedics pull me away.

"No pulse." I manage to hear the paramedic yell.

I can't see who they're dealing with.

"You need to get behind that yellow tape." He says.

"Can you at least tell me who's pulse you've just lost?" I beg.

"Go to your mother." He orders.

They have to be okay. They have to be okay.

I stop fighting and make my way to my mom. She quickly pulls me in. She holds me tight like I might slip away from her. I'm praying to God Christian is the one dead.

I know that's horrible.

Wishing death on anyone is horrible.

I'd rather him than my brothers.

I look back to the car Alexander is in. He's staring right at me. I narrow my eyes at him, wondering what he's doing. He tilts his head in a menacing way. It's not his brother who's dying. He wouldn't be smiling.

I look back at Jason who stopped fighting the officer holding him. He's waiting, too.

Out comes the next gurney. It's carrying a body bag.

I can't tell who it is.

"Mom... mom...." I stutter.

"It's not any of your brothers. It- it can't be-" she holds me tighter.

I blankly stare at the floor.