Good Morning

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep

My 6:00am alarm clock goes off. I open my eyes and slam my hand on the clock so it would stop. School. The place where I'll see James. The place where 3 out of 4 of my brothers will be. I am not prepared. I force myself out of bed.

"Lea, breakfast will be served at 7:00am." Mom knocks on my door.

I forgot to tell her about yesterday. I was just too nervous to say anything. I even forgot to text James. He probably won't want to text me, anyway. I'm too complicated. He was practically nervous for his life yesterday.

But that treehouse. It was so beautiful. I can tell he has a lot of his mom in him if he chose to make that for her. I wonder what she was like. James was definitely a momma's boy. What about his dad, though? What is he like?

Okay, now I'm asking too many questions to myself. How the hell would I know the answers to any of these questions? I walk to my bathroom and wash my face. All I can think about is how today will play out.

All these questions will be asked.

What school did I go to? Where did I live? How old am I? What's my favorite color?

I know they are basic questions but I don't want to answer them. New kids shouldn't have to go through that faze each time. Can't people just realize there is a new kid and move on? It's not that interesting.
~~~~~~~~~
I slowly walk down the stairs. I'm not excited for today. I want to stay home so badly. The only thing I might be looking forward to is bumping into James in the hallway. Or even better, seeing him in most of my classes.

"Good morning!" Mom smiles.

She snaps me back to reality. "Hey, Mom."

All my brothers are running around upstairs. Gives me a chance to sit on my favorite seat.

"So, have you thought about any clubs you'd like to be in? Or maybe you'd like to be a cheerleader." Mom jokes.

"Funny." I sigh.

If only she knew what happened yesterday. She'd tease me about him, not "clubs."

"I'm so ready for school." Jason walks in.

He is definitely ready. Jason has his best outfit on. He already had his book bag in his hand. I left mine near the doorway. Anyway, I wonder why he's so excited.

"You guys are going to have to get some cereal. I have to run to the office. Have a good day at school." Mom looks at the time.

I kiss her goodbye. Great. I'll have to go to school with my bodyguards. Everyone will give me weird stares. This was not how I wanted to go to school. I'd much rather walk or have mom drop me off.

"Guys! Looks like Chris is giving us a ride to school!" Jason yells for the rest of the boys to hear.

"Just great." I groan.

"What? Not feeling today?" Jason teases.

I roll my eyes. I'm not going to let any of my brothers get to me today. They are all annoying. Going into school annoyed is not good. I have to show my good side. Remember my reputation? Yeah, I'm trying to steer away from all the "sad, lonely, weird."

I get up and get some Lucky Charms out of the pantry. I grab a bowl, milk, and a spoon. All my other brothers get down here as I pour my cereal. of course, Dylan is the last one to enter the kitchen. Once he sits on the table, he looks at me. Not much of a stare. Probably because of my brothers.

I grab more bowls and spoons. I give each to my brothers and hand them the cereal with milk. We have to go soon. It's 7:20am. We have to be at school by 8:15am. Class starts at 8:30am. At least they gave us 15 minutes to get to class. In my last school, they only gave us 5 minutes.

Now, I'm surprised at how I memorized that. Am I excited for school and just don't realize it?

"So, we all have to go to the office to get our schedules." Alex reminds us.

"Do we have to go at the same time?" I whine.

"Yes." Chris orders.

As you can tell, Chris is like the father of the house. Whatever he says, when mom isn't here, goes. We follow everything he says. Which doesn't make sense because he's 19. Whatever.

"After that, one of us has to be late for first period to take Lea." Jason says.

Are you kidding me? I don't have personal bodyguards. I don't need them escorting me. I continue to eat my cereal to prevent myself from saying something smart. I really don't want my phone taken away.

Mom gave permission to all the boys that if I misbehave they can temporarily takeaway my phone for the maximum of a week. If my brothers think that what I did is called for more than a week, my mom has to deal with me.

Stupid, am I right?

They all start eating the cereal. I didn't pay much attention to when they poured themselves some. I don't really care, anyway. I can just imagine the rumors about me and my brothers. Why can't they just trust me and let me go to my class... alone?

"I can do it. Let's face it, I'm the most intimidating out of all of you." Alex volunteers.

I glance over to my brothers and catch Dylan starring. I quickly look back down at my cereal. Honestly, I'm glad that Alex is taking me to class rather than Dylan. If I had to choose from all my brothers though... I'd pick Jason. We're more closer, anyway. I quickly drink the milk and put the bowl into the sink. Chris can do the dishes since he's staying home all day. I look at the time and see 7:45am.

"Guys, were going to be late." I announce.

"Alright, lets go." Chris sends us to the car.