What Now?

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this." Kayla instantly regrets her choice as we walk down the street. "This is insane."

Is there anything else she can describe this as? I'm fully aware it's crazy!

"You're welcome to turn back around." I offer.

We're almost there, anyway. It's funny how I remember when to go left or when to go right. I don't even question it. I have to follow this gut feeling. Something tells me that they're not gone. Maybe they're just hiding.

"If I wanted to, I would've." Kayla sighs. "Where's James? I assumed he'd tag along."

I shut my eyes for a brief moment as I continue on the road. James... I still regret not saying something. Now he thinks I'm over him. He's gonna think we should've stayed friends. Maybe he's talking to the nurse about it. Wondering what to do next...

I open them back up to see the house right infront of me. At least I don't have to answer the question. I stop in my tracks so Kayla can catch up. This is it. Now how do we get inside?

"It's a lot nicer than I imagined." She tilts her head.

Seriously? Complimenting the house?

"Why are you guys here?" A male voice asks.

My heart instantly drops at the voice. I hold in my scream because I don't want to alarm anyone in the neighborhood. I quickly turn around with wide eyes. Kayla quickly runs behind me for coverage. This was a bad idea to bring her and an even worse one not checking who was following.

"I could ask you the same thing." I step back.

"I followed you." He says.

"Obviously." Kayla chimes in.

"You're turn. What the hell are you doing at Christian's house?"

What do I say? Why is he even following us in the first place? That's the real question.

"None of your concern." I drag Kayla with me. "Leave."

"Not good enough." He stands infront of us.

"Move." I sternly say.

"You're not here for a study date, I definitely know he didn't invite you over, schools in session right now. What are you doing here?" He says again.

He's so persistent. I guess that's why Brittany was so into him. I don't even know why he cares. Why he even bothered following us. I won't be defeated. I won't tell him anything. The less who know, the better. James should've came. Isaac wouldn't have even looked our direction. Now what?

"Isaac, leave!" She whispers/yells.

"You already know I don't do what I'm told, Kay." He shakes his head.

Suddenly, the door knob of the house starts to turn. The simple sound of it makes my heart beat out of my chest. Partly, joy because they aren't gone. Mostly, fear. What if they caught us? I quickly grab them and pull them down. God, please, don't let them see us.

"This needs to be handled." We hear Alexander on he phone. "I already... no!... fine."

He opens his car door but quickly stops at the sound of Isaac shifting. Since there's a lot of rocks where we crouched down at, it's easy to hear any movement. I instantly hold my breath.

"You idiot." I whisper to him.

We all crouch down lower, like it's even possible, to avoid him catching us. My heart beats even faster. For some reason I try to control myself because I feel like he could hear the beating. We shouldn't have came. Kayla was right. What... now...