Unconscious

Warning: References to rape and abuse. I apologize to anyone that gets offended by this.

~~~~~~
Nurse Jenson let me sleep longer. I have no idea if that's even allowed... but it happened. Maybe she forgot I was there. I actually managed to sleep. I had to. Thinking about what James said is making me very confused. And I can't even mention it to him because.... IM NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW!

I didn't get anything for lunch today. I'm waiting for Kayla to walk in. I have to talk to someone. His sister isn't my best bet but it's the only real friend I have. The only friend I'm allowed to speak to. She knows about him and I. Might as well fill her in on everything else.

"Lea." Someone speaks. "Cristian is asking for you."

That snaps me out of my thoughts. I totally forgot Cristian was in this lunch. He must have obsession problems. Hopefully, there isn't another scene today. It's bad enough, already.

"Tell him to go fuck himself." I lift my head up to look at the person speaking to me. "Is there a problem?"

"You're my problem. I told you to stay away from James and you didn't listen. Maybe this time you'll get the hint." She threatens. "Don't speak to him or I'll make your year a living hell."

I slowly stand up and face Brittany. If I have to hit her, I will. She looks too flimsy to even beat me. She doesn't know who I am. I can just as easily give her a free nose job. Although, I don't think she'd want to come back for more.

Who the hell does she think she is, anyway? She's been through a lot of years being "queen bee." She's not used to being threatened. Well, I'm here now. She's going to learn how to respect me.

"Listen, bitch. I don't care who you are. I don't care what you think you'll do to me. If you threaten me one more time," I step closer so she can read my lips. "I'll fucking kill you."

Her face falls, afraid. I smirk. She knows I'm not joking. She doesn't have to know me in order to not believe my words. She tries to quickly cover it up but I already saw her first reaction. I scared her enough. She won't want to come back and taunt me.

Brittany raises an eyebrow and looks at me up and down. She's testing my patience. Maybe she does want to see how far I can go until I pop her.

"We'll see about that." She says, then she goes back to her table.

Once Brittany gets back, Amber and Destiny start to speak to her. I'm sure Brittany is filling them in on everything that happened. I'm not afraid. I can make her year a living hell, too.

"What was that about?"

I turn around and see who it is. Kayla. I roll my eyes and sit back at my empty table.

"Drama. Petty, stupid, annoying... drama." I sigh. "I have so much to tell you."

"Spill." She smirks.
~~~~~~~
"Wow." Her eyes grow big.

"Yup. And now I have to be sneaky about my whereabouts." I shrug. "and I have to live with the fact that James might actually like me but he doesn't want anything more than what we have now."

"You know what? You should invite me to your house like we talked about. I can meet your mom!" She smiles. "I'm great with parents."

Kayla is very devious. I like it. I'm glad I have a partner in crime. I smile, agreeing.

"Definitely—-" I pause. "Wait. Not today. I need a ride back home. My mom will be at work for awhile."

"Even better! I'll ask my mom to give you a ride back home! I can text James and ask if he'd like to ride with us." Kayla nods. "Then, we can figure out whether he wants more or not."