21

they spend the next day planning how to save Mason, but stop the beast. Not that it was going anywhere.  So far everyone's been brainstorming, but no one has come up with any great ideas. Except Stiles. Who's great idea, was to talk to Deaton. Which is where is now. At the clinic asking the druid for any way to save Mason. 

_________

After hours more of brainstorming, Liam, Scott, Stiles and Deaton are all having a conversation of how to get information out of the surgeon. Who is the last remaining Dread Doctor. Of course, Stiles is suggesting torture. Insisting that they never use torture as much as they should. That it will get them farther than not using that method. Of course, Scott is quick to turn down the idea. "Come to me" Ryder hears, and rears his head to find the source of the voice, but cannot hear anything else. Scott and Liam both seem bothered too, and assume they heard it as well. The surgeon sits up quickly, and a loud high pitched noise rings in Ryder's ears, causing him to let out a growl and cover his ears. Both Scott and Liam doing the same.

The surgeon stands, and moves towards the exit. raising his hand and stopping Liam from attacking with an electromagnetic pulse. He moves towards the exit of the clinic, closing the doors with another pulse. All the magnetic items in the room flying to the door, keeping them all trapped inside.

Ryder can hear the beast and the surgeon talking. Something about a pike, and that the Argent's have it. Scott and Liam both look confused for a second, before Scott's eyes go wide in realization. "The cane Gerard has. That's it." Then Liam and Ryder both seem to understand, and Deaton has a theory. Mason's "vanishing twin" could have something to do with saving him. Mason's spirit could still be inside the beast. That life is an energy. Deaton says energy cannot just disappear. Therefor Mason must still be there. 

Stiles suggests Lydia call for Mason when the beast is in front of her. That if she call Mason's name, he'll be set free from the beast. Everyone agrees that it must be the banshee to do it. That she's the only one who can. 

________

After leaving the Clinic, Stiles goes to visit Lydia at the hospital, after receiving a message from his father that she's been hurt. Badly. Of course, Scott and Ryder go too. Liam, insists on catching up later. 

"You want to update Liam?" Scott asks, gesturing to the boy in the hallway. "I'm good. You can do it." He tells the older werewolf, keeping his eyes trained on the tiles under his feet. "You sure?" he asks, and Ryder nods, finally looking up at his friend. 

"Yeah."

 Ryder doesn't want to talk to Liam at all. No. The truth is, Ryder wants nothing more than to be able to talk to Liam all day and all night, and never hear the other boy object. But he wants-no needs, these feelings to go away. Their hurting him too much. So he lets Scott tell Liam about how Lydia is doing. Because yeah, Ryder is in love with Liam. And yeah. Liam is in love with Hayden. And these feelings hurt too much and Ryder just wants it to stop. Just wants all of it to stop. But Ryder isn't sure he can really stop loving Liam, when all Liam does is give him the most adorable looks. And the most promising smiles that he just wants to see all the time. And Liam isn't afraid to challenge him like every other person in the school is.  

Ryder loves Liam. But he will never tell the boy. Because Ryder is weak like that. Ryder is afraid like that. So he let's Scott tell Liam. And he leaves the hospital. he goes home. Because he loves Liam, but he wants to sleep it off. And wake up with no emotional attachment to the boy any longer.