12

A/N: This takes place in season 5 now, sorry. I didn't know how to make the transition more slow. Also, does anyone even like this story? I'd really like to know if I should continue or not.

Mexico seems like forever ago, when in reality, it was only two months ago. Things with the pack have been great. They offer so much support, even though Ryder turns them down every time. He refuses to let anyone help him deal with this. He can't. He's never done it that way and he never plans to. His heart won't allow it. he's too afraid. He continues ignoring the effects of the full moon, and instead, to keep himself busy while chained to a tree, listens to the sounds of the nature around them. Listening as far as his hearing will allow, the sounds of the forest loud in his ears as he focuses on all the different animals walking and speaking in their own little languages. He focuses on the sound of the trees moving along with the breeze, the rustle of the leaves brushing together as the cool nighttime breeze weaves in and out of the trees, pushing them towards the sky. This is what calms Ryder on a full moon. The sound of nature. Quiet and serene. This is what keeps him breathing. This and the marvel movies he re watches far too often. 

"Do you think we should let them go?" He hears, and not a moment later, Liam's bored voice comes from next to his ear. "Yes!" Ryder chuckles, but nods too. "Definitely." He agrees, and Scott and Stiles exchange a look, but walk over to where the two younger boys are chained to the great big tree. Scott unlocks the chains, and both boys let out a sigh of relief, before they glare at each other, and Ryder tackles Liam to the ground, full force. "Ah! Are you kidding me?!" Stiles shouts, throwing his arms up in exasperation.  "You guys still aren't over that yet?!" Ryder and Liam both look up. "NO!" They shout in unison, before going at it, growling harmlessly and fighting, not doing any real damage. "God, so angry, baby beta." Ryder taunts, landing a punch to Liam's side, knocking the wind out of him. "Fuck off!" He yells, managing to flip them over, so he was on top of Ryder, punching him in the face repeatedly, to which the brunette just laughs. "Your anger's still a weak spot for you, huh babe?" Ryder smirks, making Liam growl more and dig his knee into Ryder's gut. "I said fuck off!" The two continue fighting, and Scott just looks confused. "What the hell happened?" He asks, looking at Stiles, who's face palming so hard. "I- They, ugh. Look, Ryder was sad about something, and Liam kept trying to make him talk about it, so Ryder punched him out. Now their both just fighting over everything they don't like about each other." Scott, the dad he is, sighs, and calls for the boys attention. Which they ignore. 

"Stop it!" Liam yells, and Ryder ignore him, twisting his nipple harder, and the other boy let's out another yelp of pain. "I hate you, Canova!" Ryder laughs, a genuine laugh. "Yet before, you were telling me I'm the best!" Liam continues struggling against Ryder's hold on him. "Because you fixed my phone!"He shouts, and Ryder keeps digging his elbow into Liam's ribs. "Bullshit! You think I'm the best anyway!" Liam barks a laugh, and Ryder almost wants to impale the boy with his elbow. "Absolutely not!" Ryder punches Liam in the face. "Why not? Do I make you angry baby beta? Do I make your anger worse?" Liam snaps his jaws at Ryder, who doesn't flinch.  Liam growls at him. "Are you angry now?" Ryder tauntingly questions the blond. Who roars at him in response. "I thought so." Ryder smirks, making Liam struggle against his grasp even more. Anger continuing to rise as Ryder continues to taunt. "Don't you want to hit me? Beat the bloody shit out of me? Doesn't it anger you that I win all our fights?" Liam roars again, finally breaking free of Ryder's hold, and scrambling away from him, then jumping on his back and making him land face first in the grass. "GUYS WE HAVE TO GO!" Stiles shouts, making both boys stop, and sit up. Ryder looks at Stiles, and then Scott who nods. They both nod, and Liam starts to stand up, his anger still close to tipping over the edge. Ryder reaches out with strength and speed, punching Liam across the face one last time. He hears Liam's cheekbone crack loudly, making all of them stop as Liam let's out a sound of pain. Ryder gasps. "Ohh. I'm so sorry. I- I'm just. Oh god. It should heal in a minute or two. God, that looks painful." Suddenly, Stiles is laughing so hard at Ryder's sarcastic yet hilariously serious apology. Doubled over and gasping for breath, while Scott struggles to hold up his serious face, Ryder watches with self pride as Scott's tough dad act, cracks, and he smiles, letting out a sputtering laugh.