"Can I Help You Spangles?"

April's POV

"It's your first day of training April," Natasha says walking into my quarters in SHIELD 2.0.

"What exactly do we do in training? Combat or learning to use my powers better?" I ask with genuine curiosity.

"Both. You have to learn how to fight without your powers because you can't always depend on them," she explains as we walk to the training room.

"No I get that, but you're training me. No offense, but what do you know about my powers?" I try not to sound rude, but I feel she took it that way.

Nope. I'm just paranoid that everyone hates me.

"Don't worry," she laughs.

I made Natasha Romanoff laugh? My life is complete ladies and gentlemen.

"I don't know a single thing about using powers, so Vision and Wanda will take over for that portion," she continues, "I, however, will be training you in combat. Steve and Sam will help with anything else you need, like field instincts," she says, but I don't think I quite understand what she means.

"Like thinking fast and knowing what to do when something goes wrong," she elaborates noticing my confusion and I nod. "Anyways, here we as are."

We walk into a very large, very empty room. The floor and walls are covered in mats. There are racks of weapons when you walk in that are filled with swords, staffs, knives, and stuff I don't even know how to describe.

"Today we are just going to focus on hand to hand combat. Is that okay?" She asks noticing me eyeing the weapons.

"Yes, I don't even want to touch one of those," I laugh, but I'm completely serious.

"Well, you will someday. Don't worry about it now though," the assassin reassures me.

"Okay, right now we are simply going to learn how to throw a proper punch," Nat says, as we walk onto the mat in the middle of the room.

She hooks up a punching bag to the ceiling. Nat's slightly struggles, but she's a badass who can handle herself.

"When you punch someone, the power comes from your hips. You get the power when you have a good formation. Feet apart, shoulders tucked, arms up in front of you," Nat says and adjusts my body.

"Good, now through a punch."

I punch the bag and it swings pretty far and returns to me. I punch it again and again without her having to tell me to.

"You're a fast learner," Natasha states.

Yay! Go April!

"That bag won't be the only thing you will have to punch, so now we are going to get a little more real. Punch me."

Um, I'm sorry. I don't do that.

"What? I'm not going to punch you!" I shout.

"Why? It's not like you're going to hurt me," she says.

"What the heck? You just said I threw a good punch! Did you just say that to make me feel good about myself? That is one of my biggest pet peeves!" I yell, stomping my foot.

Wow. You are officially a four year old reliving their terrible two's.

"Good. You're angry. Use that anger and punch me."

This is going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~

Training with Natasha was painful. I will most likely wake up with more bruises than I can count. Punching is not something I want to feel again anytime soon.