"Come With Me if You Want to Live"

April's Pov

I can teleport anywhere I want, as long as I have a clear picture in my head. In this case, it will be harder. I have no idea where he is staying, so I don't know what to picture.

I have traveled like this once before, but it took a long time to find the person. All I have to do is picture the person. It will be slightly easier because I know he's in Madrid, but other than that, I have no idea.

I try to find a quiet place to focus on Steve. I sit and close my eyes.

Breath.

Focus on Steve.

I start to feel frustrated when I can't find him, but eventually, I grasp onto a specific spot.

It will take even longer to open the breach without seeing where I'm going, but I have to save Steve. After all, he is a superhero.

Steve's Pov

Sam, Natasha, and I were all sitting in the small common room continuing our doing nothing. Sam was fiddling with his wings, Natasha was sharpening a knife, and I was watching. Why? Because I nothing better to do. I had no shield to do anything with, so I sat and watched the two people that stood by me.

All of a sudden, a big blue something appeared in the room. I don't know how to describe it, but it wasn't anything that I've seen before.

It obviously caught the attention of my pals as well, so they pointed the weapons they currently had nearby towards the blue something, for lack of a better term. Natasha threw me a gun which I pointed at the something with them.

A soldier with robot wings, an assassin with a knife, and a super soldier with a gun versus a big blue unknown something.

This will be interesting.

It continued to grow and shake. It was moving as if something was coming through it. It reminded me of New York, then it hit me.

It's a doorway.

By the time I figured that out, someone passed through. I didn't know who to expect, but it sure as hell wasn't her.

"April?" I ask, totally confused.

"April? Like the chick, you met today?" Sam asks.

"Hey Steve," she smiles looking exhausted. "Come with me if you want to live. Oh, I have always wanted to say that," she smiles.

Sam looks at Nat and Nat looks at me as if asking permission. I nod telling them to trust her and walk through.

"Go straight and focus on the breach with the red book. Do not get distracted and do not go anywhere except the breach straight ahead. I might not be able to find you if you don't," states very clearly.

They nod to confirm that they understood and started to walk through the doorway. When they do, April and I are left in the room. I look at her with a look of confusion, like I was asking a question nonverbally.

"Go now. I will explain when we get there," April says and wobbles.

"Where exactly is there?"

"Please just go."

As I walk towards the doorway, a group of men burst through the door.

"I think you're right," I nod and walk through the doorway and she follows.

It was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. I was moving so fast like everything around me was a blur, yet I could still see and focus on things around me. There were so many different things I could see. Different places, times, and who knows what else.

Focus Steve. Don't get distracted. Go straight ahead to the red book.

When I find the red book, I continue to move towards it until I'm in the room with the book, Sam, and Natasha. I turn around to find no doorway and no April.

Where are we?

I can hear shuffling behind me, and when I turn around once again, I see April exit a door, or I guess she calls it a breach.

"What just happened?" Sam asked.

"Sorry I had to close the other breach. They would have followed us here or gotten lost in the spacetime continuum. That would have been a mess," she waves off and if we understood what she said.

April stumbles towards a nearby chair. She collapsed on the chair. She looks pale and sick.

"April are you okay?" I ask.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Just a little tired," she starts to drift off, but I won't let her.

I don't know what's happening and I don't know if she will wake up or not. We need answers and I need to make sure April is okay.

"Hey, April! Keep your eyes open! Stay with me," I shake her.

"Steve I'm not dying, the life is just being drained from me," she says matter-of-factly.

"Sounds like dying to me," I pick her up bridal style and carry her towards the actual door in this room.

Oh, we are in a hotel room.

"Wait," she whispers, "The book. Get the book and my phone."

"Got it," Nat and Sam say at the same time.

"744353," April mumbles as she slowly drifts off, "744353."

I turn to Natasha who took the phone from the nearby table, "Dial 744353."

April nods in my arms as we walk confirming that what I said is what she wanted.

"Code Blue," April mumbles.

"Did they answer?" I ask Nat.

"Not yet," she says with the phone attached to her ear.

"When they do, say Code Blue," I say, but it as sounded more like I was questioning April.

I was right though, April nodded.

"Where are we going, Steve?" Sam asks.

I only just now realized that we are no longer in the hotel. We rushed out of there as if we were on a mission.

Which I guess we were.

"Where are we going to April?" I look down and ask the woman in my arms.

She looks almost completely white.

"Book," she pauses.

She's getting worse.

"3.5," April begins to cough up blood all over me.

She needs help, now.

"Turn to section 3.5 in the book," I command.

"Already on it, Cap," Sam says looking through the book.

I start to panic, but I don't let it show.

"Steve," Sam stops in his tracks, "are you sure about this?"

"Why? What does it say?" I turn towards Sam.

Nat looks over Sam's shoulder at the book. Her eyes go wide as she skims the page.

"Nat, what does it say?" I yell, starting to get irritated and worried.

"I guess we are going back to some, hopefully, forgiving people," she says looking up at me.

I look down at the unconscious, young woman in my arms.

What have you gotten yourself into, April?