-13-

Him.

There's something in her that's different, a flutter from the depth of her soal, a weird feeling in the pit of her stomach and right in the middle of her heart, something... new to her. It is not bad, and somehow, she likes it. There's something that she's not used to, something she feels for the first time... She's happy most of the times, bubbly even, she runs around and jumps up and down, her heart races so fast that it skips some beats... And then all of the sudden, her heart stops. And it's all because of him.

A tall handsome guy, older than her in 3 years, got her heart beating again for the first time in years...

She can recognise his brown eyes between hundreds, she can detect his smell out of thousands, and she can sense his warm heart from millions of miles separating them...

He barely knows her name, doesn't have her phone number and doesn't bother talking to her. Why? It's not because he's the bad guy, it's not because he's a player... The problem is her. She's the shy one, the one crushing silently and dreaming by herself of a future she knows she can't have unless she speaks out...

But what can she do? What can she do if no one's ever told her to speak up? How can she confess her deepest feelings if no one's ever encouraged her to do that? How can she speak her mind if the only thing she has ever heard was requests to shut her stupid mouth up? But most of all, how can she speak of her own feelings, when she knows that if his were the same, he was going to deal with a burden for the rest of his life.

Elxx