-39-

The Drown

I'm drowning. I can't help it. I'm looking around, searching for a glimpse of hope, looking for a way out...
I shout, I scream, I try to shout at the top of my lungs. It's all in vein. Even if I shake my legs and hands I cannot reach the surface...
The more I try to scream the more I drown... what is happening to me? If I cannot feel my body weight, how can I be drowning? What is making me sync into the bottom? I'm almost about to hit the bottom and I can't even breathe straight. This is my end.
I try to drop the first thing that is weighing on my shoulders... My thoughts. Those negative thoughts that are keeping me blind! I start to raise a little.
I drop the voices in my head, my monsters. They're the ones that talk me out of trying new things anyway. I'm beginning to raise faster. This is working!
I drop the third thing that's making me drown, my insecurities. All of them! Every single one of them. I drop them and I'm half way up...
Then I throw my care about people's opinions, and suddenly I find myself speeding up, almost reaching the top!
There's one more thing I should let go. This ring. It's been drowning me ever since I started wearing it... It's the thing that weighs the most on my heart and head... That damn commitment. My commitment to people who do not deserve it... With all my power, I throw the ring out of my finger and there I am speeding up.
I raise my hand up and I'm finally free... I'm at the top. I finally see the sky again...
I scream and jump out of joy!
I've seen the light after what seems like forever! I'm free... I have EARNED a new life now and nothing can stop me from living the life that is best for me!
I am free. And I will not be tied anymore! I am no longer imprisoned in my own mind. I am free and I will forever be free. I will never go back to that bottom! Forever shall I be swimming in the light on the surface.

Elxx