-31-

Water.

The other day, I was in P.E. And I wasn't doing anything as usual because, well you know I'm not that big of a fan of sports. Actually, I am a fan, I just don't practise...

Anyway, so I was in P.E doing nothing, and my classmates were playing basketball. I suddenly saw my friend coming towards me with a swollen red finger that later turned out to be broken. She didn't know at first and thought it was just an injury so she kept putting cold water on it.

And as the water that spilled from the bottle, to her finger fell on the floor seconds later, I started thinking...

If only we compared ourselves to the water that dropped on the floor... If only we saw that floor as our lives.

If only we thought about the way water brings itself together when it falls, and then thought about how it flows and keeps going in a certain direction on that floor. If only, we saw how it's lessening when it moves forward, and how it's giving itself as it goes on, how the floor is sucking the life out of it only to leave it with a minority of what it started with, at the end...

If only we saw how it'll come to a point and dry out because it cannot go further. If only we thought about that drop, how it started its route, how it continued despite all the negativities and the tiredness it has gotten into. If only we think about our lives like that...

Are we really just like water?

We do reflect others' image in us, and we do see our reflection in other people's eyes. We also fall on the ground and make ourselves grow, we put a goal in our life and keep walking towards it seeing that it's the only thing that matters. We overcome a lot of difficulties and each takes with it a piece of us.

But will we ever get to a point where we completely dry up? Or will we find a source to nourish us and keep us going?

Elxx