Eighteen.

Marc's POV

I open my eyes carefully and get blended by the light immediately, so I shut them again. As I slowly try to reach for a glass of water because my mouth is incredibly dry, I recognize a tiny, soft-skined hand holding mine. My eyes open again and I realize it's Ally's hand; she's sitting next to my bed on a chair, fast asleep.

I can't help but admire her beauty, just the way she sits on the chair with her hair falling into her face, the rosy cheeks and closed eyes making her look like a sleeping beauty.

"Ally." I whisper and try to get up but I can't move my right foot for some reason which actually is quite uncomfortable.

"Mhm." Ally mumbles in her sleep, not letting go of my hand as she turns her head a bit to rest it on my bed.

"Ally, wake up!" I murmur into her ear softly and caress her cheek gently.

She begins to smile and her eyes flutter open.

"Marc!" Ally replies and hugs me carefully as if I am made of glass and she doesn't want to break me.

"Bonita, what happened to my right feet? And why are you here?" I ask and shift a little bit under the sheets, trying to get into a comfortable position.

Ally sighs before she starts to talk and looks at me as if she is sorry for something, not daring to look me into the eye.

"First you should probably-"

"Ally." I interrupt her and place my hand on her cheek, sending her a questioning glance.

She tries to hide something from me, I can feel it...

"Are you-"

"I am sure dulzura, tell me please!" I beg and lift myself up a bit to peck her forehead.

She inhales deeply as the sorryful glance makes its way back onto her face, causing me to get quite scared.

What could have possibly happened?

"Your ankle- it's broken and I stayed here because I care about you and couldn't leave you alone. You slept for half a day." Ally quickly explains, exhaling in relief as she has finally brought everything over her lips.

I look at her with a shocked expression; wide-eyed, not believing what she has just told me.

"W-what do you mean, my ankle is broken?!" I almost yell, making her wince, "How long will it last?"

Ally looks at her feet and clears her throat before facing me again.

"At least five weeks, I am so sorry Marc."

I groan in frustration and hide my head under my pillow. That match against Arsenal would've been a great opportunity for me to show my skills off to the coach, showing him that they really need me in Barcelona, that I am a great defender.

"It's going to be alright." Ally tries to calm me down and takes my hand that still rests on her cheek in hers and runs her thumb across it.

"Thanks for being here," I mumble and put my pillow under my head again, "but you look exhausted. Go home if you like! Not that I wouldn't want you here but-"

"I will stay", she yawns, leaning back in her chair and smiling at me empathically.

---

Neymar's POV

"Do you want something to eat? Maybe a bagel or something? I think they have a Starbucks here!"

I just shake my head and a little smile forms on my face, only for Dani. He's quite worried about me to say the least, he asked questions the whole flight long, trying to cheer me up and distract me from the massive headache I have woken up to in the morning.

Well, it's my own fault and if Dani wouldn't have been there yesterday, I were in even more trouble right now.

The coach also spoke to me; he told me that he's very disappointed and doesn't want something like that to ever happen again. Marc obviously was an important person for our match against Arsenal, maybe even from the first minute on on the field. It would have been a great opportunity for him to prove that his skills as a defender are worth gold.

"Is Marc still in the hospital?" I ask Sergi as he crosses my way.

He hasn't even looked at me once again, except of giving me death glares when I greeted him this morning.

I must have really fucked up.

"Of course, where would you be with a broken ankle?" he shots back annoyed, not even bothering to look into my direction as he continues walking.

"Alone?" I mumble, not being sure if I want to hear the answer, I am almost sure that I know what he is going to say.

"No, Ally's with him, someone has to take care of him, you know."

I simply nod and decide not to disturb Sergi any longer, he seems incredibly pissed about my presence and I am clearly ruining his morning.

I have to talk to Ally, even if she doesn't want to. I have to clear things up. I still like her. I only want her.

"You there, bro?" Dani waves with his hand right infront of my face, still looking at me like I would be wounded deer.

"Mhm." I respond and take my mobile out, unlocking it.

To: Meu Amor💋

I know I messed up big time. I know what I did and I can't do more but apologize for everything I put you through and tell you that everything I did was more than stupid.
You don't have to respond but I want to make things up again. xxx

I hit the 'send' button and let my mobile slide into my pocket again, hoping that she will reply soon.

---

Marc's POV

"I will get myself something from the cafeteria, I will come back in a few minutes." Ally announces and leaves the room, smiling at me one last time before closing the door behind her.

My glance follows her until she disappears around the next corner. I smile to myself and sink deeper into the sheets again. The way Ally cares about me makes my heart jump, this injury may be a possibility to go out on a date with her since I have to make up for the time she spends here with me.

Suddenly her phone bleeps, lightening the whole screen up. I lean over and read the ID, 'Neymar⚽️'. Of course you shouldn't take others' mobile phones but I somehow couldn't resist. The lucky guy I am, Ally doesn't have any passwords for her mobile, so it's pretty easy to get into the messenger.

From: Neymar⚽️

I know I messed up big time. I know what I did and I can't do more but apologize for everything I put you through and tell you that everything I did was more than stupid.
You don't have to respond but I want to make things up again. xxx

I roll my eyes at the message. Does Neymar seriously try to make things up again over a text? I hear footsteps coming near my room, it is probably Ally, so I quickly delete the message without thinking twice and put the phone back to its place.

"It took so long." Ally groans as she opens the door to the room.

The smell of bacon, eggs and toast fills my nose, making my stomach growl.

Ally laughs, puts a little egg on her fork and begins to feed me. I smile at her brightly and can't help it but hope that she will never find out about the deleted message, I have a feeling she will hate me for that.

---

I am so happy since I have reached 100 votes with this story and over 1800 reads! Thank you so much for reading and voting for my story, please keep doing it! I love you xxx