| Chapter 26. |

"Ryder, put that down." Andi whined, struggling to take the glass of liquor out of her boyfriend's hands.

Ryder held out his arm to where his girlfriend couldn't reach anymore. "Andi, chill."

"I will not chill, we are at my fucking prom and you're drunk!" She screamed, her face red in anger.

"Okay? And so is your best friend. Why does that matter?" Ryder rolled his eyes, sipping the glass.

Andi kissed her teeth. "Harmony is not drunk."

"Seriously, And? You don't think that the punch is spiked? It's prom." Ryder laughed, tilting his head back and taking the drink to the head.

Harmony crossed her arms across her chest, glaring at the boy seated across from her. "Ryder, you are not my boyfriend so do not be concerned about the amount of punch that I've had."

"Damn right, I'm not your boyfriend. You're annoying as fuck."

Andi smacked his harshly in the chest, watching as his eyes almost popped out of his head. "Ryder! What the hell is wrong with you?! Don't talk to her like that! I should smack the shit out of you- don't walk away from me! Don't!"

Andi got up and chased her angry boyfriend out the gym, as Cooper moved closer to his own date. "Harmony, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Coop. He's no one." She waved her hand in a nonchalant manner.

"Do you want to dance?" Cooper pointed to the crowded dance floor, as Harmony shook her head.

"Cooper, Look..."

"Not with me. Look behind you."

Harmony turned around in her seat, her butterflies doing jumping jacks instantly. "Vincent."

He adjusted his tie, as he looked over at Cooper seated next to her. "Hey, Harmony. Coop, you don't mind if I take her off your hands, do you?"

"Go right ahead." Cooper encouraged, eating the piece of cake on his plate.

Vincent nodded, taking Harmony's hands murmuring something about how he wasn't much of a dancer as he lead her over by the punch to talk. A huge smile spread across her face, as her eyes darted downwards, eyeing him in his black suit and pink tie.

"You look nice." She found herself saying, as he ran a hand through his low curls.

"Nah, I look aight. You look really good, though."

She blushed. "Thank you."

"Who was that dude your girl came with?" He poured a glass of punch, handing it over to her.

She took it happily. "It was Ryder. Her boyfriend."

"He go here?" Vincent asked with a raised eyebrow, pouring his own cup.

"No, he goes to the community college." Harmony shook her head, sipping.

"I knew I seen him around somewhere before. I fought him once. Trashed him." Vincent shrugged his shoulders, holding his punch in his hand.

Harmony narrowed her brown eyes. "You fought him?"

"Yeah, he real disrespectful. Don't know how to talk to women. And everyone knows I don't like niggas like that, so it got a bit out of hand." Vincent answered, trying his best not to noticeably check Harmony out.

"Oh." She swallowed her spit quietly.

"Yeah, but that was a while ago. Can I show you something?" Vincent asked, changing the subject again.

Harmony looked dumbfounded. "You want to show me something?"

"Yeah, come on," He replied, interlocking his hands with hers as he took her out into the empty hallway. He walked her a few feet, pointing down at one of the stars on the floor. "Look at that."

Harmony gasped, clapping a hand over her opened mouth. "Is that our names together?"

"Yeah, I'm real cool with one of the juniors that helped with the prom committee. Got her to put our stars together." Vincent replied, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Vincent, that's so sweet," Harmony smiled, turning towards him. "Thank you."

"It was none," He replied, tucking his hands in his pockets as he looked down embarrassed. "I still remember the first time you talked to me. Kept going on about how much you loved stars."

Harmony grinned, tears brimming her eyes as he gave another memory from 10 years ago. Stepping closer to him as she grabbed the back of his neck, she pulled him into a kiss. Vincent responded quickly, his hands on his waist as he allowed Harmony to slip her tongue into his mouth gently, a fire igniting inside of her. They continued to go about their business, too wrapped up in each other to let anything interrupt. Nothing but the sound of the loudspeaker going off.

"Everyone please welcome to the stage, our prom king... Mr. Vincent Chase!"