| Chapter 13. |

"Colombiano, yeah I love that. I love her if she speak another language..." Foreign by Trey Songz blasted loudly from the amplified speakers at Hazel's and Harmony's house party.

It was now 9, two hours after the party had started and the house was crowded with a bunch of dancing high schoolers and college kids. Hazel, of course, was apart of the group of dancers in the living room, grinding her hips onto some guy as she was in her own little world.

Andi stood to the side by herself, bopping her head to the music as she leaned against the wall texting away. Her boyfriend Ryder hadn't been able to make it, but she wasn't going to let that ruin her mood of listening to her best friend and trying to chill out.

Then, there was Harmony who was nowhere to be found, as Hazel left her upstairs to finish getting ready by herself way before the party even started. But now two hours later and Andi had not seen her best friend. Despite this, though, she continued to listen to the music slowly as she let the doorbell ringing fill her eardrums. She slowly sent her last message, locking the phone.

"Pizza's here!" Andi actually had to call Harmony's phone, as the house was too loud and even then, was still screaming. 

"Can you get it? I left the money under the plant in the living room!" Harmony screamed back, knowing much better than to just leave money stray in the house full of people. Andi sighed, making her way over to the plant, grabbing the money and pulling open the front door, hanging up in the process.

"Pete's Pizzeria! That will be $50.78." The delivery boy informed Andi the amount for the food, passing the five boxes of pizza's over to her as she handed him the money.

She shut and closed the door behind her, passing the other 10 boxes of pizza & wings to another party goer and struggling to lead the way to the kitchen and drop the food down on the table.

"Is that Vincent?" She heard Harmony's voice quip behind her, causing her to turn around quickly. She gasped lowly, her eyes growing wide at her best friend's appearance. Dressed in a body hugging skin tight leather dress and three inch peep toe heels with a full face beat to match, this was a whole new Harmony Daniels in front of her. 

"I told you it was the pizza. What did Hazel do to you?" Andi shook her head, staring Harmony up and down. "And where have you been?"

"Around. This punch is really good." Harmony smiled, holding her red plastic cup in Andi's face.

"You know that's alcohol, right?" Andi questioned, grabbing a strand of Harmony's now completely straightened hair and holding it in between her fingers.

"You like it? She did my make up too." Harmony squealed, batting her eyelashes.

"You look like one of those wanna be Instagram models." Andi sighed.

Harmony cheered again, beginning to walk back through the house. "Great, because that's my goal." The doorbell ringing for the 2nd time interrupted before Andi could come up with a response.

"Ooh, that has to be Vincent now. I haven't seen him yet. How do I look?" Harmony questioned, brushing her hair down with her hand.

Andi scrunched up her eyebrows. "Honestly?"

"Yeah. You're a hater. Move so I can get the door." Harmony exhaled, pushing her best friend out the way.

She fixed herself up again, opening the front door. "Hello! Welcome to my..." Her face fell. "Cooper."

"Ha. Welcome to your Cooper! Good one, Harmony." Cooper laughed, slapping his hand on his knee while his camera was all up in her face.

"What are you doing here?" Harmony crossed her arms across her chest, staring the boy up and down.

"You guys are kind of loud, and I can't sleep. What's going on?" Cooper responded, moving the Nokia camera so he could push his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"It's a party, Cooper. Even you should be able to tell that." Harmony kissed her teeth, watching as Cooper stuck his head in.

"Oh."

"Since you're here, can you please watch the door? I need to go pee." She asked, noticing now that Andi had disappeared.

"Sure. No problem." Cooper licked his lips, walking into the house.

"Alright, hold this." Harmony asked, passing her cup of liquor over to Cooper as she left him alone to watch the front door. She turned in her heels, sashaying through the crowd as she went to the back for the bathroom. She locked the door behind her, handling her business and washing her hands as she checked her hair and makeup in the mirror and left out the washroom. Nearly falling over in the process. 

She shut off the light, noticing some guy she didn't even know leaned against the wall. "Damn ma, you look mad good. You tryna chill with a nigga or what?"

"Uh, no thank you." Harmony shook her head, pushing past him. 

But he grabbed her arm, pulling her close to him. "Come on, baby. I don't bite," He got close to her ear. "Unless you want me too."

"Get away from me!" Harmony screamed, mushing the boy's head away as she felt someone tug her arm in the opposite direction. 

"Yo, chill. Leave shawty alone." Another male voice was heard, letting go of her arm and allowing her to straighten herself up before she could fall. "You good?" 

"Oh, t...thanks." Harmony began stuttering, as her hero nodded his head, letting her know it was okay.

"You good, excuse me." He stated, turning around and making his way to the beers on the drinks table. Harmony almost tripped in her heels, spotting Andi talking to Cooper by the staircase as she ran in that direction.

"Andi, Vincent is here!" Harmony grabbed her best friend's arm, shaking her.

"Where?" Andi answered, looking around the room.

"He's over there by the punch. Ugh, he just saved me from some creep with his fine ass." Harmony groaned, feeling herself almost lose control.

Andi narrowed her eyes, looking at Harmony intensely. "Uh, what?"

"What?" Harmony repeated, biting down on her lip as she stared at Vincent in her own zone.

"Uh, never mind. You did it. You got Vincent to come. You gonna make your move now?" Andi inquired, smirking at her best friend.

Harmony shook her head, resting a hand to her temple as she now felt overwhelmed. "Uh... I... I guess so. But first, I think I need some more punch."