| Chapter 27. |

Vincent pulled away from Harmony, a little breathless. "I guess I gotta go."

Harmony nodded her head. "Yeah. You do."

"I'll be right back." He answered, pecking her lips again as he began walking towards the gym doors.

"Alright." She called after him, licking her lips as she followed behind him.

"And our prom queen... Miss Janay Jenkins!"

"Of course." Harmony rolled her eyes, watching as they crowned both Vincent and Janay. Vincent smiled modestly, bending down so the sophomore could probably get it on the top of his 6'3 frame.

Harmony looked away, her heels clicking as she made her way over to the table. "Hey. What's going on?"

Cooper rolled his eyes, his arms around a crying Andi. "That jerk Ryder left."

"Why?" Harmony scratched her head, pursing her lips.

Andi sobbed, choking back tears. "I told him he was a immature piece of shit for what he said to you and he broke up with me! He broke up with me. Can you believe that?"

"It's okay, Andi." Cooper whispered, patting her back softly.

Harmony stepped closer, attempting to pull out a chair. "Well, are you alright?"

Cooper waved her away. "I got things here, Harmony. I told you, my parents are therapists."

"Uh, okay." Harmony sighed, looking around the room. Her eyes caught Vincent and Janay on the dance floor, slow dancing as prom king and queen. Janay had a huge smile on her face the entire time, while Vincent looked to be unamused. But still, the jealously trait kicked into Harmony.

"I'll just go to the bathroom or something." She said, grabbing her clutch from the table as she turned on her heels.

"Bring back tissues!" Andi cried, letting Cooper console her in his arms.

"Alright." Harmony yelled over her shoulder, strolling away.

She pushed on the ladies restroom door, heading straight to the mirror as she pulled out her mascara quickly. She was done fixing her eyelashes in under 2 minutes, grabbing a few pieces of toilet paper as she made her way back outside. A group of 3 boys stood awkwardly in the doorway, sipping some liquor from a water bottle. She was about to say excuse me, when she heard their conversation.

"Yoo, look our boy Vincent baggin'! Baggin'!" Harmony recognized one as Vincent's friend Chris.

"Yeah, I taught that nigga everything he know." Another one answered, nodding his head excitedly.

The third one rolled his eyes. "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, bruh! Everything, I'm the reason why he so popular with the ladies."

Chris burped. "He so popular but hanging out with nobodies like Heather Daniels."

The third one smacked him upside the head. "Her name ain't Heather, nigga! It's... Like Melody or something. I know it deal with songs."

"It ain't no Melody because Hazel her sister," The second guy kissed his teeth, sipping the alcohol. "So, it start with an H." 

"Man, just look at who Vincent following on twitter and you'll find her." Chris said, watching as the other guy scrolled through his phone for a few seconds.

"Harmony! That's that bitch's name."

"Aw, man- that's that same bitch that threw up at the house party!" Chris started laughing, throwing his head back.

"And who's fucking dildo rolled out at the mall."

Chris waved his hands in the air, wiping his eyes. "Man, she's embarrassing as fuck. Vin cannot be serious about feeling this girl. She bad and all, but damn. She bad luck."

"He probably don't. We know Vin. He plays it like he like the girls and then he leaves em. He ain't made for no relationship." The second one spoke, as the third one nodded his head.

Harmony felt tears stinging her eyelids, as she listened to the men continue to talk about her. Her eyes looked up through the glass on the doors, Janay and Vincent still slow dancing.

And as sad as it was, she knew she couldn't do it. Girls like her didn't date guys like Vincent. And even though, she thought she had a chance- she let the words of other people and her insecurities kill those dreams.