| Chapter 25. |

Prom night approached quicker than Harmony was expecting. It took place Saturday, two weeks after she and Andi had gone shopping. The two weeks were spent by Harmony doing nothing but staying home and getting herself mentally prepared for the end of her high school life. She and Vincent hadn't talked in those weeks either, as she didn't know where they were even stood at anymore. Because the closer that prom approached, the more she realized that her plan had backfired completely and things were backfiring with the one that she wanted.

"Harmony, your date is here!" Her mother ran into her bedroom, snapping pictures of her daughter in her stunning baby blue gown on her iPhone.

Harmony sighed, allowing Hazel to take the last roller out of her updo. "You're done. You look beautiful, Harm."

"Thanks, Zel." Harmony smiled, grabbing her clutch off the dresser and following behind the two women as they made their way down the steps.

"Come on, let's go." Her mother rushed impatiently, as Harmony stepped on the final stair.

"My baby!" Her father beamed, taking pictures on the Kodak camera in his hands.

Harmony posed, before making her way over to Cooper whom had his own Kodak in her face, of course. "Hi, Harmony. You look as pretty as a cupcake."

She filled the awkward gap between them, allowing him to drop the camera around his neck and slide the corsage on her wrist. "Is that your way of saying you like cupcakes?"

"No. That's me saying that cupcakes have nice frosting decorations." Cooper said in a duh tone, ruffling his afro.

"Oh, God." Harmony shook her head, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as her mother and father took a few more pictures of the two. She had only agreed to go to prom with Cooper since Andi had bailed last minute to go with Ryder. She still thought of Cooper as the nerdy guy next door, but his company was better than none. The doorbell ringing caught everyone's attention as her mother put her phone down for a second.

"I'll get it." She spoke, strolling over to the door and pulling it open.

"Andi, sweetheart! You look wonderful." Harmony's mother gushed, staring Andi up and down in the red strapless sequin styled dress.

Andi pushed a straight piece of her usual curly hair behind her ear. "Thank you, Mrs. Daniels. Hi everyone, this is Ryder- my boyfriend."

Harmony watched Cooper make a straight face quickly, before he cleaned it up with a smile. "Nice to meet you, Ryder. I'm Cooper." He shook his hand, smiling widely.

Ryder turned to Andi, muttering under his breath. "What a dork."

"Ryder, be nice." Andi hissed, pinching her boyfriend as she turned away in embarrassment.

"Hey, I'm Harmony. I've heard a lot about you." Harmony introduced herself, giving Ryder a small smile.

"Damn, babe. You ain't tell me how bad your girl was." Ryder winked, smirking at Harmony.

"Ryder. Not today, please." Andi whined, pulling him over by the staircase as Harmony's parents snapped 1,000 more photos.

"Okay, mom. Dad. We're going to be late." Harmony finally spoke, blinking to get her eyes adjusted.

"Alright, sweetie. Have a good time." Both her parents kissed her cheek, as they walked off inside the kitchen.

"Andi, should I give the limo money to you or Ryder?" Harmony asked, fishing through her clutch for some money.

Andi shook her head. "Change of plans, Harm. Ryder didn't order the limo."

"What? That's all he had to do!" Harmony crossed her arms, glaring at the 20 year old boy next to her.

"I know, I know. And I am so very pissed at him about it, right Ryder?" Andi said through gritted teeth, giving him a stern look.

"Yeah. Sure babe. Let's just get this show on the road." Ryder ignored his girlfriend, walking out the house to his parked truck. Harmony sighed, allowing Cooper to escort her out the house and into Ryder's black jeep. They all hopped in, Ryder blasting loud music the whole time until they had reached the high school.

"Welcome. Looking lovely, Miss Daniels and Miss Simmons. Mr. Estrada, very sharp."

"Right back at ya, Miss Finkle." Cooper made a clicking sound with his tongue, before Harmony grabbed a hold of his arm.

"Cooper, come on. We don't have all day." She urged, walking into the school gymnasium. It was decorated in a Hollywood theme, bright lights twinkling throughout the room and senior names on cute little stars on the floor.

"Wow. This is gorgeous, I'm going to go find my name." Andi smiled, dragging Ryder away with her.

"Boy, am I thirsty for some H20. Harmony, would you like a drink?" Cooper asked, adjusting his bow tie. Harmony turned her head, looking from a distance as a small group of boys poured some shots of liquor from a bottle into the large bowl of punch when the teachers weren't looking.

She nodded her head. "Yeah, Cooper. I think I'll have some punch."