| Chapter 10. |

After changing into a pair of decent clothes and freshening up a little more, Harmony grabbed her headphones and cell phone and prepared to take the short walk to the corner store to get some pancake syrup.

She opened her front door, stepping out on the porch as she caught wind of a black bush of thick curly black hair out the corner of her eye.

Which she knew belonged to no other than her next door neighbor Cooper Estrada. Cooper too was a senior, and was known around town for being the biggest dork in the grade. He was basically the equivalent to Laura's Steve Urkel.

"Harmony, is that you? Or is that Hazel?" She heard his voice quip, as she raised her hand to block the sun from in her eyes.

"Oh my fucking goodness," She whispered, already knowing how much Cooper could talk and just how annoying he was. "Here we go..."

"Hey, Cooper." She faked sounding pleasant, watching as he struggled to hop the fence that separated their homes.

"Oh, Harmony. It is you. You and your sister look awfully alike from a distance." Cooper stated, finally making his way over to her.

"Cooper, you wear glasses." Harmony scoffed, as Cooper pushed the frames up the bridge of his nose and placed his camera over his face. The camera he used to capture every single moment of his life. The shutter went off.

Cooper just smiled in response though, showing his mouth full of braces. "So, how are you doing today?"

Harmony began walking, plugging a headphone in her ear. "The day just started, Cooper."

"Ha, good one. But I mean, what are you up too?" He wasted no time in stepping right next to her.

"I'm on my way to Lucky's to go get some pancake syrup." Harmony answered, letting Chance the rapper rhyme in her eardrums.

"Making breakfast?" Cooper asked, his footsteps in sync with her own.

"Andi already did. You know all I do is eat."

"Andi slept over your house last night?" His tone of voice seemed to change, but Harmony just brushed it off.

She nodded. "Yup. And hopefully her and Hazel don't kill each other in my absence."

"Oh yeah, I heard some loud arguing this morning but I assumed it was nothing major."

"Mhm, they're the only reason I'm up before 12." Harmony sighed, crossing the street.

Cooper followed behind her. "Tired?"

"Not at all. Just... Need to sleep some things off, ya know?" She answered, opening the door to Lucky's Mini Mart Convenience Store.

"Oh, like what? You know my parents are therapists, I'm usually good at giving advice." Cooper smiled again, running a hand through his huge afro.

Harmony picked up a bottle of syrup, tucking it under her arm. "You really wanna know?"

He just nodded in enthusiasm. "Yeah. We're friends. Amigos. You can tell me."

She turned to him, biting on her lip as she contemplated telling him. Then realizing that it was just Cooper. "Well, you know Vincent Chase?"

"Who doesn't know the most popular kid in school? The rest of the chess club and I totally envy his commitment to catching shut eyes in geometry class." Cooper gushed, gaining a stank face from Harmony.

"I want him to take my virginity."

"Uh, what?" Cooper raised a eyebrow, watching as she pulled out a $5 and gave it to the cashier.

The woman passed Harmony back her change, as she grabbed her bag. "Cooper, don't play stupid with me now. I'm pretty sure you know what a virgin is, since you are one."

She stopped dead in her tracks. "You are one, right? Because if you lost yours before me..."

"Yes, Harmony. I'm... A virgin." Cooper whispered, scrunching his face up as he looked uncomfortable saying the word.

"Okay, good." She sighed, walking out the store.

Cooper of course, jogged to catch up to her. "Why do you want Vincent to take your virginity anyway? Isn't that supposed to be something important to you?"

"Ugh, Cooper. Don't tell me. You sound like Andi." Harmony waved her hand in the air, listening as a Vic Mensa song played now.

"Well, Andi's pretty smart. You shouldn't force something like that. I mean, you should wait for the right guy. Like I'm waiting for the right girl." Cooper grinned, adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah, yeah. Like I haven't heard that before. Cooper look- I'm 18 and legally, I'm going to do whatever I want and no one can stop me." Harmony replied, continuing to walk down the block.

"That's what your sister says when I try to talk to her about all the guys she brings to your house." Cooper crossed his arms across his chest.

Harmony just shrugged. "What can I say? We're both free spirits."

Cooper's face contorted to one of confusion. "What does that even mean?"

"I don't know, Hazel said it once." Harmony answered, turning towards her walkway.

"Harmony-"

"Look, Cooper, I appreciate your concern and all- but your opinion doesn't really matter to me anyway. Vincent is going to be my first and that's it. I don't care how thirsty or stupid I sound, he will take my virginity if my fucking life depends on it. I'll talk to you later."