57.

"Grace. Can we talk?" He begged as he followed me. I slammed the door in his face and leaned on it, sinking to the ground.

"Grace, open the door." I heard through he wood.

I just wanted him to go away. I wanted to be left alone and I told him that too.

"I'm not going anywhere till you open this door." He stated.

Every time I told him to leave, he repeated his words.

I eventually caved in.

I opened the door and Roman stumbled in. He must have been leaning on it.

"Fine, talk. Say what you have to say and go." I said as I walked away.

"Grace. Thursday night,"

"Is none of my business, Roman." I interuppted him. "I know you said things were over between the two of you, but I didn't know you picked up where you left. That was a jerk move too by the way. Doing what you did to me on Monday, the whole time you have been with her!" I spat out. "Then she shows up through dinner!"

"That was a one off." He snapped at me. "I didn't know she would be there tonight."

I held my hands up defensively. "Whatever. Not my business. I don't care."

"It was a one off. She showed up like that." I watched as Roman rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Tell me what you're thinking, please?"

I froze. "Nothing." I stated a bit quickly.

"The last time you said nothing, I not only find out that you're pregnant, but with my child. So talk to me."

"It doesn't matter. Because what I was going to say would have made no difference!" I yelled at him.

"Try me."

I withdrew myself away from him.

"I didn't want to interrupt anything. Just leave me Roman. I don't know what this is. Obviously we can't be friends if we are constantly at each other all the time."

I saw the hurt in his face. It hurt me to say it. Roman nodded, slowly walking away.

After he left, I closed my bedroom door and I broke down again. Raw feelings over took me. I felt the same as I did two years ago and I didn't want to feel that again. I promised myself that I wouldn't let anyone make me feel like that again.

But it happened. Now I'm crying over someone that I didn't want but is all that I consume my thoughts with.

As the days ticked over, they turned to weeks. I barely saw Roman, which I was pleased about, some days and others it made me depressed.

Roman still bought dinner every night, but he didn't eat with me. He took his and went to his study. I don't know how many times I've stood outside that door, waiting for courage or something, but I always didn't knock and walk away.

I went from four months pregnant to five then six.

We still went to the doctors, we spoke civily to each other when necessary but that was it. It hurt me so much. I didn't want to distant myself, but I did. For myself.

I still had the media buzzing but not as frequent and I ignored them when I could.

Roman still buys me oranges and I didn't have the heart to tell him I actually hated oranges and I no longer craved them, so I constantly kept other people supplied with them.

I couldn't forgive him. Because if I forgave Roman, then I would open to him again. I couldn't have that. I couldn't do it. The only time I actually voluntarily see him is when I invite him to appointments, which he tends to religiously or when he gives me dinner.