24.

"Good morning. How may I help you?" A young brunette asked me as she waited patiently for my answer.

"Uh, hi. I'm checking in." Came my uncertain voice.

"Of course," She smiled at me. "Under what name?"

"Uh, Roman Parker."

I watched her eyes go wide as she blushed. I frowned. Does she know Roman? Of course she probably does. This is a fancy hotel! A lot of business deals do get done outside of the office. At hotels, bars, golf courses, snap it together Grace!

"And you are?" She asked me suspiciously.

"Grace Griffin." I answered her.

Her eyes went wider. "Oh. Em. Gee!" She quietly squealed, leaving me aghast. "The Grace Griffin? As in its Gracie Griffin?"

I nodded my head. "Yes." I just want to go to my room.

"Oh my! I never thought I would meet you!" She smiled widely at me. "Are you and Roman back together? Are you seeing him again? Will you be getting remarried?" She bombarded me with questions as I felt shocked.

"Oh I'm sorry!" She giggled. "I just, adore you! All that you do!"

I frowned at her. "The drunk parties? The nightclubs?" I asked in disgust.

"Oh no!" She shook her head. "The work you do with Roman Empire! I follow it on twitter and Instagram."

That shocked me.

"Plus the charity work you do! It's so selfless of you. No wonder -"

"I'm sorry." I had cut her off. "I don't mean to be rude, but, can I please go to my room?"

"Oh I'm sorry!" She smiled apologetically at me. She tapped at her keyboard and then produced a card for me.

"Here you go, Miss Griffin." Her smile wider. "You are on the seventieth floor."

So high?

"I have to tell my friends about this!"

That snapped me back. "Sorry, um..." I read her name badge. "Clarissa. Can you hold of on that till after I've checked out, please."

Clarissa's face dropped.

"Please." I repeated my beg.

"Okay."

I smiled at her. "Thank you." I went to the elevator but then went back to her. "Actually, Clarissa?"

"Yes, Miss Griffin?"

I offered to take a selfie with her. "But please, wait till I check out." I pleaded again. She was so happy as she nodded.

I went to the elevator and once it opened I stepped in.

The small room filled with low classical music as I waited for my floor.

It was a long ride and my legs were starting to hurt from standing still.

Finally the door opened and I stepped out. There was no hallway to my room just a small foyer and a large double door.

I swiped my card through the lock and it turned green, unlocking the door.

I opened it up and lost my breathe.

The place was two storeys high. The walls facing the city on the south side were just glass.

The whole place was so open. I noticed the marble steps that led upstairs and followed them. It was a massive bedroom. The walls were also glass, one looking out to the city, the other out on to the open planned room I entered.