45.

Instead of letting boredom hit me, I decided to go for a walk. I had a bag with my phone, camera, wallet, water bottle, room key and a towel as I walked down the path. I held on to my hat from it blowing off and fixed up my sunglasses.

The path turned from bitumen to dirt then sand. I could smell the salt water and hear the waves crashing as I climbed up the little hill.

The beach was a distance away, but I could see it from where I stood.

I dug in my bag and pulled out my camera, snapping up a couple pictures.

I put the camera strap around my neck and continued, walking on top of the small hill. Sand met grass at some points and I followed, walking towards the large cliff. I saw the waves crashing against it and from there till only a few metres away, I took more photos.

Retracing my steps back, I went to the base of the cliff, following the man made footpath of dead grass.

The hill was steep in some parts and smooth in others, making me strain my calf and thigh muscles. But the top was worth it. The view was gorgeous.

The top of the cliff was fenced, signs stating no jumping, no diving, no loitering. I placed my bag down and took photos, slowly turning in a circle. I went back to my bag and swapped the lenses around, did more photos before trying my new lens.

I clicked that in and zoomed in, the camera to my face as I snapped away at the horizon, the waves crashing below me.
I turned and took a photo of the hotel I was staying in. I didn't realise I had walked so far. I slowly zoomed in, taking a photo at each frame.

There were people, families on the path I walked on, some riding bikes, others walking their dogs.

I snapped up the photos, and moved down the path more.

That's when I saw him. In khaki shorts and t shirt. I zoomed in as far as I could go and confirmed it was who I saw.

Frowning, I saw him look up. I lowered the camera, my eyes on the same spot. He was pretty far away and I wasn't sure if he saw me or even know if it is me.

But I pulled the lenses of the camera and put my original one on and shoved everything in my bag. I took a quick drink of my water and slipped the bag on my bag as I fixed my hat and sunglasses.

I climbed down the trail, and instead of head back to the hotel, I followed the other path for nearly a kilometre. I was on the other side of the cliff, the water not as rough as I placed my bag on the ground and pulled out my towel, wrapping it around my bag.

With my camera, I left my canvas shoes on and steadily, I climbed the boulders, looking at the small rock pools that get left here through low tide.

It was getting hot and I took my shirt off, revealing a lime green bikini top as I scrunched my shirt in a ball and threw it at my bag.

I'm kicking myself I didn't bring sunscreen. I don't want to burn. I played up against a boulder, my camera against my face as I saw sea stars. I took photos of the little coral fish swimming by.

Eventually, I took the camera off my neck and rolled over on the boulder, exposing my stomach to the sun but making sure my hat covered my face with shade.

If I tilted my head slightly to the left, I could still see my bag wrapped in the towel. I was there for a good hour before I sat up and snapped a couple more photos before getting up.

I brushed the dried sand of me and went back to my bag, placing my camera back over my neck.

I took a good gulp of water and picked my things up, my shirt still off as I slowly made my way back to the hotel.