36.

I couldn't help myself. I tried to fight it, but twenty minutes in to the two hour drive and I was asleep.

I haven't said a word to Roman and he did the same. It was a boring drive.

When my eyes fluttered open, we were really close to home.

I didn't know how to bring up the subject and I know I needed to. Once the car stopped, I got out and went straight for the door. I only had my handbag with me, my bag with clothes for this apparent holiday was still in the car.

I went inside and disappeared into the kitchen. I was so thirsty. I took the water out off the fridge and drank that.

I am still angry at Roman for telling me what I can and can't do with my body.

But we weren't home long before Roman snapped at me, making me jump.

"You can't do it. I won't allow you to."

I sighed. "You can't force me not to." I groaned as I dropped my bag on the counter and went to the bedroom.

"If you do this Grace, if you terminate this pregnancy, we are done."

I froze in my tracks. "What?" I whispered. I turned back to Roman. "What did you say?"

"I didn't mumble."

I clenched my jaw.

"You told me last night, you promised me that you would never leave me." I felt my heart accelerate in my chest.

We have reached this point in this relationship.

Roman stood tall in front of me.

"You promised!" I screamed at him. Tears blurred my vision as I turned back to the bedroom.

"Then don't do it."

"You said you would always love me! You said you will always make sure I love you. You said you will never let me go!"

"I know what I said!" Roman roared at me.

"So what now?" I asked him. "You're going to keep me here while I'm miserable? Bribe me? To give me your love you want to keep the baby? I don't want anyone knowing about this! Not my friends, not the media, not my family and definitely not Hope!" I turned to the bathroom and slammed the door.

I leaned against the sink as I cried. Roman is basically choosing between me and a baby. He already has chose. And so did I.

I wiped away the tears as I stood up straight and looked at myself in the mirror.

Okay, think Gracie. Your keys are in your bag with your wallet and phones. Your wallet has your bank cards. Your bag is on the kitchen counter.

I walked out off the bathroom with a new purpose and left the bedroom. Roman wasn't there. I headed straight for the kitchen.

I snatched my bag up and opened it, checking everything was there and hooked it on my arm.

"Where are you going?" I saw Roman at the other end of the hallway as I went to the front door. Car keys in hand as I pushed the unlock button.

I quickly got in my car and put the key in the ignition. I saw Roman come out the door racing to me as I put the car in reverse and slammed my foot down. I watched as he ran to me as I gave the car a tight turn and then placing her in drive, heading to the street.

I heard Roman scream my name out as I sped off. I only drove for about ten minutes until I pulled over, leaving the car in neutral. I couldn't drive any more, I couldn't see.