33.

Grace's P.O.V

My nerves were getting the best of me. The redness in my legs long gone from the wax, my hair felt healthier, but I stared at myself in the mirror.

I had gotten it straightened yesterday. It bloody didn't look like it. It didn't work. Why didn't it? Last time I got it straightened from the same place, my hair was straight. Now it looked slightly frizzy.

I got a trim as well, about two inches cut off. Roman wasn't happy. It was another argument that happened. I, for some reason, wouldn't let it die yesterday though.

"Stop bringing it up." Roman groaned at me as he came out of the closet.

"No. If I want to cut my hair I will. It was only a couple inches."

Roman sighed then kissed the top of my head. "I just like you with the length you have."

"I trimmed the dead ends off. Nothing more." I glared at him. "Why are you so particular about this?"

"I told you. I love the way you are right now."

"What about when I'm old and wrinkly?" I pouted at him.

"I will love you the way you are." Roman smiled. "Besides, I doubt you would let a wrinkle appear on your face."

I arched an eyebrow. He has a possibility of being right.

"What do you want to do today?" Roman asked me.

"I want to try a new restaurant." I boldly stated.

"Okay. What one?" Roman asked me as he went to the bedroom door.

I took a deep breathe. "It's a vegan one." I stuttered.

I heard Roman growl. "No."

I knew he would say this. "I'm not converting to being a vegan. I just want to try it." I snapped as I got up.

"I thought you said you were craving meat."

I pouted. "Whatever. I'm not arguing with you over this."

I left the bedroom and went to the kitchen and turned the kettle on. I need another coffee. Roman made me one this morning, but it just wasn't right. Maybe the brand I use changed. It just didn't taste right.

I could always try that vegan restaurant through the week, get Macy or Dean in for lunch.

Macy was pretty distracted the last time I saw her and I wanted to know why, but she just shook her head and smiled, telling me it's nothing.

I bit my lip as I stirred my coffee. I should give her a ring. See if she wants a visitor or just a chat. See how she is doing.

Roman came out and sat at the bar stool. "How about bowling?" I asked him.

Roman looked me over with a weird look. "No."

I puffed my cheeks out.

"Rock climbing?"

"No."

I groaned. "I don't want to be stuck inside all day!"

"We will do something, just nothing like that."

"You're losing your fun." I grumbled at him. I saw he went to speak, but decided not to.

"I'm bored." I told him flatly. "Or I could go shopping with Macy. I had so much fun the other week with her."

"Alright. Go shopping." Roman said as he got up. I stared at him. He came over and kissed me. "Have fun. I'll see you in a few hours."

"What are you up to?" I asked him suspiciously.