47.

Three Months Later

Roman's POV

"But sir, sales are dropping. I know we have expanded the business three fold in the past two years, but the figures don't lie. For every thousand dollars you make, you are losing eight hundred." Roger, my financial adviser told me as I groaned.

"I make enough every year for it to be classified as a profit so why does this matter?" I growled at him as I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"All I'm saying his, the social media department."

My eyes flared at him. "What about it? I shut that down nearly two years ago." I couldn't handle knowing that it was Grace's project and her not doing it. Plus also the fact of Georgia and her hitting on me at every turn. "I'm not reopening that."

"I'm not saying you should. All I'm trying to suggest is hire a business that does it for you. A small one. Small fees. Small commissions. They do all the work and send it through. No work from you. Just web designs."

I gritted my teeth. I pulled that plug for a reason.

"Mr Parker. I know that you know your sales have been slipping slowly since that department closed. I'm not saying do the social media. Just hire someone to do the photos. Hire someone to advertise."

"Look, Roger, I'm all for new ideas, but I'm not sure about this."

Roger rubbed his chin and nodded. He wasn't that much older than me. He had taken over for Grace's father since he retired.

"How about supporting local businesses? New local businesses?"

I suppressed the groan. I'm all for that, but it was an uneasy decision.

"Just think about it, Mr Parker." Roger placed a business card on my desk. "This company does everything you need. Right down to web designing if you want, obviously no, because well, you have twenty people alone hired for that, but yeah." Roger laughed nervously.

"Thank you Roger. That will be all." I told him and waited till Roger left before picking up the business card.

I don't mind supporting new businesses, what I don't like about them is they promise the world, through all their funding in and then go bust and leave clients dry.

I read the card. The writing was very feminine. All it had was the business address, the number and the name.

Flawless Perfection

I pursed my lips together.

"Mr Parker?" My phone buzzed and I answered it.

"Yes, Katie?"

"Ms Armytage is here to see you."

I groaned as I banged my head on the desk. What am I doing? "I'm about to head in to a meeting." I said over the phone. Rachael just won't get the hint.

After that weekend up north, I ended up calling it quits a couple weeks later with Rachael, but she just seems to think we are having another break.

"She is quite persistent, sir." Katie stuttered. Katie has been working for me for five years now.

I took a deep breathe. "Katie. Remember what I told you?" I said in a calm way.

I heard Katie repeat what I said about being in a meeting. I could hear Rachael whine through the phone.

"Nice job Katie." I sighed. "Let her in, go to lunch." I've been trying to get her to up her game on Rachael. She did say Rachael scared her.