Volume 6 Kain Character Short

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there guys,

happy new year to you. I knw it's already the second week of January that's passing, but I left myself some time to come up with something. i thought long and hard about how to go on about a character short. This may be as long as a normal chapter or not, depending on how creative I get while writing, so expect at least 1500 Words or more.

Anyways, I hope you had great holidays, a great christmas and new years eve.

I'll see you guys around.

------------------------------------------------------------------  

Three Days after the attack on Haven Academy

Kain P.O.V.

Things change. They change all the time and we can't do much about it. we faced ourselves more and more than anything or anyone else in our entire lifetime. It messes with us no matter what we do, but I'm someone who doesn't take it very well. The day Abyss left my side was the day I knew I had to rely on myself more in the upcoming future, so that is what I do...but not without a semblance that suits my new style.

I was on my way to a certain place in the woods. It felt different than before, not knowing what to expect on my way there. The Grimm are no match for me, bandits are just target practice and rogue huntsmen don't even dare to mess with a seasoned fighter. My weapon was tightly in my hand while my boots dug into the mud. That the rain was annoyung me was no secret, but I didn't pay any attention to it.

You may ask where I was heading at that time. Well...I was walking towards an abandoned temple of sorts. Some old man told me there lies an ancient power nobody has tried to get their hands on. Of course I was suspicious, but I took it upon myself to get there and to inherit my new semblance. I saw the building in the distance, despite my eyes not being in the best shape. Thunder was ringing in the distance while lightning bolts struck down. Nature was going crazy and not in a good way. Whenever storms rise up, it meant someone was gonna do harm unto others sooner or later. I'd prefer no harm at all, but then the world wouldn't be balanced anymore.

When I got to the temple, I was greeted by destroyed pillars and a few shattered bones from other adventurerers who failed their quest. I didn't ask why it was so difficult to achieve this power until I entered and saw a hall with some kinds of glowing gems in the wall.

(Yes, this will be like the Spheroid riddle for Ifrit in Final Fantasy X)

------------------------------------------------------------------    

The riddle wasn't that hard to solve after all, but I was questioning how the gems fot these flames in themselves all on their own.

Kain:" Whatever awaits me, I will do my best to achieve a higher power. I may not believe in gods, but for this i can sense the deity who guards this place."