Dread In The Air

The next day it seems like Kain is scouting the town for possible jobs people could put out. Not that he really needs much money for anything, but boredom is something the experienced huntsman can't stand at all, no matter when. Maybe he's just a little bit like a work-o-holic in that regard, but Remnant is a big world to travel in and everywhere could be something to do, even in a city near or like Mistral itself. Be it hard or easy, he takes on everyone and everything. The scar on his left eye is from one of these many dangerous missions. That's when he became half blind. Still Kain keeps a straight face while looking at the request board he just found.

Kain:" Grimm infested cave: Creeps, Beowolves, Deathstalkers...Boring...A Beringel is causing havoc somewhere...boring...I've seen better jobs to take on."

???:" Excuse me, young man."

The new voice startles Kain as he turns around to look at whoever that voice belongs to. To his surprise, he faces a lady that looks like she's just a bit older than him, with amber eyes and hazel, long and wavy hair. 

Kain:" How can I help?"

???:" Are you a professional huntsman?"

Kain:" I am. Do you have a problem I should handle for you?"

???:" I do. You see, for a few weeks, there has been a strange noise echoing around the area I live in. It's keeping me and my family awake at night and we don't know what it could be. Would you be so kind and investigate? Maybe you could eliminate whatever it is that makes that terrible sound? Please, we will reward as best as we possibly can."

Kain:" How far is it from here?"

???:" We would walk for at least thirty minutes. The noise is coming from behind a hill that's not far away from our house. On top of the hill is a blooming maple tree, so you can't miss it."

Kain:" Alright, let's go. I need a warm-up before breakfast."

???:" I truly can't thank you enough. You will make me and my family happy."

Kain:" To you, it could be costing you your life. To me, it's just a mere annoyance. This shouldn't take long."

Shortly after, they are already leaving towards the city gates, Kan following behind the lady. Of course it would feel a bt weird to anyone, but you can't ignore the helpless if you're a professional for over two decades. Some jobs Kain took in the past turned out to be traps, set up to kill him, but judging from him still roaming around, they all failed miserably. He just earned more scars in the end, but none of the 'assassins' ever finished the job. Shaking off these memories, he just keeps following the woman while observing everything as good as possible.

Kain:" Say, do any of you have combat experience?"

???": My husband did, but two years ago he stepped away from that life and focused on me and our daughter. Since then, he didn't fight a single Grimm again."