Bad Blood

The following morning starts pretty different than ever before as the majority of the group is gathered in the living room while Kain is still upstairs in his room. The night before hasn't exactly been a great one, especially not for him, as Ozpin revealed some things nobody wanted to be true. Of course the former headmaster didn't plan any of it, but it was clear to him that Kain would react a certain way. Now both of them feel terrible in their own ways. Qrow on the other hand is trying to reason with his best friend, who locked the door overnight.

Qrow:" Kain, are you awake?"

Kain:" Yeah...What do you want?"

Qrow:" You need to come out. We're worried about you, buddy."

Kain:" Oh, are you? Or is this just bait to try and get another part of my soul crushed?"

Qrow:" Listen, I know what Ozpin told you sounds aweful right now, but c'mon. Let's look at the brigh-"

Kain:" There is no bright side to this! Because of this man, I lost everything! You heard every single word...You know how much the tribe and my own family mattered to me. Qrow, do you really believe he had a good reason for all of this?"

Qrow:" I...I can't really answer that...But he has helped me and many others through tough times, Kain. He knows what he does and why he does these things to others."

Kain:" Then what was his reason to destroy my whole damn life?!...Was it because I didn't deserve what i had back then? Or was it because I was a possible threat to his plans, although I always fought for what was right? Huh, can you tell me?"

Qrow:" I can't..."

Kain:" And why? Because you're blind to his truth. We're just tools for him. He probably doesn't even know if or how to attack Salem and take her down."

Qrow:" You can't really say it like that. It's...complicated."

Kain:" Tell me something I don't know already...Go eat. I'll look around in town to get some food for myself....I don't know when I'll come back..."

Qrow:"...Okay...Be safe out there..."

Kain:" Don't worry...I'll try not to die..."

Qrow then nods slowly and gulps down a massive lump in his throat before stepping away and walking down to the others again. An array of different looks awaits him as he sits down on the sofa and sighs. This hits him hard as well, so he tries his best to remain calm in every way possible.

Ruby:" So...how did it go?"

Qrow:" Not too great. He's still locked in there and reeeaaally mad. He said he's gonna go to town for breakfast and then do some other stuff...I don't know when he will return, but Kain said he'd return alive."

Ren:" Well, judiging from all the things we were able to hear, it is understandable that he expresses himself like that."