Welcome To Haven

A/N: This is taking place throughout Volume 5 and will tie into Volume 6 as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a dark and rainy evening near the great city of Mistral. A small town is just a few kilometers away from the main city itself, but people are already looking for cover because of the bad weather while others are running home as fast as they possibly can. Rain and thunderstorms are normal for this time of the year, so nothing really seems out of place for now. What the citizens don't know though is that a stranger s coming closer and closer. None of them expect a man right outside the gates of this small town, but there he is. He's covered by a torn brown hat and a dark piece of cloth to cover his face. His ice green eye observes the city while the other one is closed. Not long after, he gets off the back of his only companion, a brown noble steed who seems to have seen many things along with the stranger.

???:" It has been quite the journey for the both of us, hasn't it? Unfortunately the time has come to part ways with each other. I'm thankfull for the services and the company you gave me along the way."

The stranger then takes off all his gear and the sattle from the poor animal, leaving the horse to find its own way. They share one last glance with each other before the horse finally makes an effort to leave while the green eyed man puts all the gear behind a rock just a few metres next to himself. Judging from his stance after that, he's determined to find someone and he thinks he can get information on them in the small town ahead, so that's where he's gonna go.

For certain others, the entrance way to Mistral isn't that hard to find as five people are walking through at the time

For certain others, the entrance way to Mistral isn't that hard to find as five people are walking through at the time. The five people are Qrow Branwen, Ruby Rose, Jaune Arc, Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie. All of them are former Beacon students who seek help at Haven Academy, with Qrow being the adult of the group and knowing more about Remnant than the rest. They have a friendly chat to loosen up while walking.

Qrow:" The city of Mistral."

Nora:" Ugh, it's about time. Whose idea was it to wlk again?"

Ren:" Well, we did face many obstacles - broken airships, destroyed settlements."

Jaune:" Oh and all the monsters and people that tried to murder us."

Ruby:" Pffft, we were fine. Only one of us almost died."