Known By Its Song

Ever since the last night, Kain didn't sleep well. He's looking pretty wrecked and the combination of lack of sleep and the shots of whiskey is taking a toll on him. The man gets up on this specific morning, looking at everyone sitting at the table in the kitchen, enjoying some breakfast. Just dressed in a black shirt and a pair of jeans, he stumbles towards them while holding his head because of the hangover. A lazy yawn is the first thing to greet his friends.

Qrow:" Oh look, Sleeping Beauty is finally awake. Had a good night?"

Kain:" Are you really asking that? You should know by now that I haven't slept well in the last few days. Why should I?"

Ruby:" Well, after you sa-"

She stops right in her tracks as Kain gives the young girl a stare that could end it all. Nobody ever really managed to break through the happy atmosphere like that, but he and the things he told everyone are a whole different thing to handle. Ruby is now just twiddling her thumbs nervously while Kain gives a short sigh and walks towards the fridge.

Ren:" Are you looking for anything specific?"

Kain:" No...just browsing through what's in here. Thanks for asking."

Jaune:" Maybe some coffee could help you get started."

Kain:" Yeah, no. I'm not drinking coffee at all. I'd rather punch an oncoming cannonball on my way to scare BooBoo The Clown."

Qrow:"...Alright. I think you should get something in your stomach and see that you get something to do around the city."

Kain:" Right...I'll look for something..."

All of them then give a small smile towards him and he takes a seat in between Nora and Qrow. Judging from the bags under his eyes, everyone can assume that he didn't sleep well, but they're not bragging about it again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

By the time everything is done, Qrow is already out in the city, asking a shopkeeper about someone. He hasn't heard from this person in along time, but he requires their assistance or as Qrow would say, he needs him for 'a gig'. Modern society surely uses a lot of weird words. Now standing in front of the shopkeeper, he asks the man straight on.

Shopkeeper:" Regular? Or the special?"

Qrow:" I'm actually looking for someone. Goes by the name Shiro Wan. Ever heard of him?"

The sound of a knife scraping wood can be heard as the cook is focussed on sharpening the knife's blade. The man himself doesn't give Qrow an answer though.

Qrow:" I heard he's a regular around here."

Shopkeeper:" Who's askin'?"

Qrow:" Hey, I'm not a cop if that's what you mean. I need Shiro for a gig. We go way back."