Chapter 31

*12 weeks pregnant. March 16th* 

Betty's POV      

"Ms. Cooper?" Dr. Gibson asks.

I sigh and me and Jug both get up. The doctor smiles at us and we follow her into the room.

"How are you feeling today, Betty?" she asks me.

I smile a little, "Overall great, just I'm exchausted all the time and I have major headaches," I say

She smiles, "Yeah, you're week 12, so that's normal. Try to get ad much as sleep as you can," she says.

I nod with a smile and look at the monitor. We should've done this thing a few weeks ago, but the electricity was out of all the town, so this is the first time.

"Okay, take please all the upper clothes away, except for the shirt, she says, prepearing the things.

I pull my hoodie off over my head. Well, it's Jug's, so that my baby bump wouldn't show much. But I can't hide it for much longer.

"Wow, you have a bump," the doctor says.

I nod with a little smile, "Harder in school," I say and she chuckles.

"Yes. You can't hide that for much longer," she says.

I sigh, "I know," I say.

"Okay, lie down right here. And Jughead, you can sit here," she says.

Jug smiles at me and sits next to the table/bed where I lie down. I take his hand into mine. He kisses my hand and holds it, while the doctor pulls my shirt up.

Every freaking time Jug sees my bump, he starts grinning like an idiot and so do I. The doctor puts some gel onto my belly and then the aparate. It tickles a little, so I let out a quiet chuckle and we all look at the screen.

After a while, the doctor doesn't say anything, so we both look at her, "Is everhthing okay?" Jug asks anxiously.

"Um... Yeah?" the doctor says, smiling. She keeps looking at the screen while she moves the aparate.

I look at Jug and he looks at me in confusion. "I can't see the genders yet, but the babies are just fine," the doctor says.

Me and Jug both sigh in relief and start smiling, but then I realize something. My eyes widen and I look at the doctor, who is smiling at me and Jug.

"Babies?" I ask.

"Genders?" Jug asks.

"Yes," the doctor chuckles, "Congratulations, you're having twins," she says.

My mouth goes even more open and I look at Jug with widened eyes. He has the exact same reaction.

"So.." I finally speak up and look at doctor, "We're not gonna have a baby. We're gonna have TWO?" I ask.

She nods with a smile. "Are you sure?" Jug asks.

"Yes," she chuckles and points on the screen, "Look. Here is one little head and here... is the other one," she says.

I'm totally in shock and so is Jug apparently. The doctor gives me some paper towels and I wipe the gel away. Then Jug helps me to get up and I pull the shirt down.

I'm scared. But happy. Fuck I don't know what I'm feeling. I wrap my arms around Jug's neck and hug him. He hugs me back and I feel that he's scared to.

"What are we gonna do?" I whisper.

He kisses my hair, "It's gonna be okay," he says.

I smile a little and we pull away. I sit back down.