Chapter 7

Betty's POV

"Chic," I breathe out.

"Hey Lizzie," he smiles, sounding extremely relieved from something.

I chuckle in amazement and run down the stage into his arms. I throw my arms around his neck and he hugs me, raising me up from the ground, 'cause he's taller than me.

He starts shaking me in his arms, still hugging me tightly, making my legs sway left and right.

I hit his shoulder, laughing, and he chuckles and places me down, but keeps hugging me.

"I thought you were dead," I whisper.

He pulls away and looks at me with raisen eyebrows, "Why?" he asks.

"You never came to visit me," I say sadly.

He sighs and kisses my hair, "I was in Afghanistan. Couldn't get out," he sighs.

"I um.." he says and lets go of me. I raise my eyebrows and he pulls up the end of his pants. Prostethic leg.

My eyes widen as I'm staring at it, "You," I stumble at my words.

He chuckles at my shocked face, "4 years ago. No worries," he says and kisses my forehead.

I sigh and hug him again. He hugs me back, looking around probably as everyone is quiet.

"Lizzie," he starts.

"It's Betty now," I say.

He pulls away with a little smile, "Really? You're letting people call you Betty again?" he asks happily.

I nod slowly, "Wow. Last time I called you that you almost killed me," he says.

I roll my eyes and he checks me out, "You have a... Body," he says.

I smash his chest and he laughs at me and looks around, his arms back around me.

"Do you wanna introduce me?" he asks with a smirk.

"Why? Everyone knows who you are. And you've been here before," I say.

He smirks and sees FP on the stage and starts grinning, "The eyes," he says to me and I nod with the same smirk.

"What eyes?" Jug asks in confusion again and looks at his dad.

I chuckle quietly and Chic looks at me, "You living with him?" he whispers, talking about FP.

I smile and nod. He smiles and walks to the stage, limping his left leg. I sigh, seeing him like that, the uniform still on.

He pulls FP into a manly hug immediatly and I smile. Jug nods his head so that I'd go back on the stage. So I do that. I walk to him and he wraps me into his arms.

"That jacket looks good on you," he says.

I roll my eyes, "You say that about everything I'm wearing," I say.

He winks with a smile and then looks at my brother and they hug as well and introduce themselves.

"Wait... You like to be called Lizzie?" Jug asks me.

"No, Betty's better," I say.

He looks at me confused, "Explain later?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, "We'll see that," I say and he rolls his eyes as well, only that with a smirk.

"Wait, Jughead.. Look at me," Chic says and he does that.

Chic compares Jug's and FP's eyes. FP's are deeper, but Jug's are softer, and more green, and more loving for me.