TPTI 3

Chapter 3

|Alyana Owens|

I was home doing my homework listening to music. My headphones were snatched out my hear and I was slapped hard across the face.

"Where the fuck is my food you whore?" My uncle yelled. I knew I forgot something.

"I-I'm s-sorry I'll go cook you something." I said with tears running down my eyes. He gripped my chin roughly. I know I'm going to have a bruise. He used his other hand to unbuckled his pants. He shoved his dick in my mouth almost choking me.

He fucked my mouth harshly for what seemed like forever. I had tears running down my face. A few thrusts later he came in my mouth.

"Swallow it." He said. I wasn't about to swallow shit. So I spit it out. He started kicking and punching me in my face. Hell yeah I fought back until he wrapped his hands around my throat.

"Bitch next time you try some shit like that I'll put your ass in the hospital again." He spat toward me. I whimpered from how hard he held my throat. He finally let go and walked out the room slamming the door. I limped into the bathroom to clean myself. I almost have enough money saved up so I could get out of here.

●●●●●●●

My bruises healed some. So I was able to cover it up with makeup. I haven't been to school none of last week. My uncle had his crackhead ass friends over all weekend and I didn't leave my room. I didn't want to be hurt again better yet raped by one of them.

I quickly dressed fot school and ran out the house. I heard my uncle call after me, but I continued to run.

I spotted Lonnie, Keith, Rony and Cosmo sitting by the tree. I walked over where they were. I missed them all so much.

"Morning everybody." I said in one breath. They looked at my strangely.

"What's that?" Rony pointed at me. I looked at them confused.

"What?"

"On your neck." Keith seethed. Shit. His vein in the side of his neck was popping out.

"Oh there's the bell gotta go bye." I said rushing off. They were calling after me, but I just kept running. I hid in the school basement.

I can't stay here all day someone might come down here. My phone has been vibrating all morning. The whole RNF gang been calling me, I ignored them. I just can't face them right now. I needed to leave school.

|Keith "Kush" Daniels|

Something going on with Alyana I can feel it. She hasn't came to school all week nor has she shown up at the trap either.

Then she show up today an had a bruise on her neck. I was so mad that someone put they hand on my girl. When Rony asked what it was she just said bye and ran off. We got up to go after her, but it's like she disappeared.

"Bruh wtf what that shit on her neck?!" I asked punching the wall.

"Kush calm down please." Cosmo said.

"Fuck that! Somebody put they hands on my girl. Now somebody owe me they life." I yelled. Ain't no calming me down right now. I just walked away. I got in my car and left.

Something not right and I'm going to find out what it is.

●●●●●●●

Six days later....

|Alyana Owens|

Today was Sunday and my mind and heart was heavy. I don't know, but I just felt so lost this morning. Like nothing I ever felt before. So I decided to go to church. I got up and did my morning hygiene. Once I was done I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans with a long sleeve high low shirt. I added my studded earrings, some lip gloss, and makeup to cover the bruise on my neck. I grabbed my bag and quickly left the house. Thanking God the front door was unlocked.

●●●●●●●

"God has already said that the scales will be balanced eventually. God will take care of any punishment, and God will do it much more fairly than you or I ever could. We should just put ourselves in God’s hands and trust God." Amens went throughout the crutch. I just listened carefully.

"Paul suggests one more thing we can do instead of seeking revenge. It sounds kind of radical. Do something kind for the one who has hurt you. In Romans 12:20, Paul quotes Proverbs (25:21) and says…“If your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. I think what he means is that we may have to take the first step toward reconciliation and forgiveness, and that might embarrass the other person into doing likewise. Let me tell y'all a story about revenge. I went to to visit a church a while back when I was younger and my momma liked it so much that every Sunday we got up dressed and ready for church. We became friends with other families, the congregation, and all. There was a person who had done something that hurt me quite deeply. That something had me crying at night, waking up with sweat dripping down my forehead, my body shaking, and the fears of the person coming back. Over the time I grew up mad at the person and mad at the world. But you know what?"

"What?" The congregation asked.

"I SAID DO YOU KNOW WHAT?" The pastor yelled.

"WHAT?!" We all yelled.

"God came to me one night in a dream and touched me. That one touch healed me. It gave me courage, strength, and that one touch took the pain away. If you were to just lean on him and let him handle you'll have no problem. But you know it took me a while to get over it, but I was able later on to write that person a card and tell them that I harbored no bad feelings toward them." I felt as if this sermon was about me. The entire time the pastor kept his eyes on me.

"When someone hurts you or mistreats you, see if you can find a quiet way to show them a kindness. It might make all the difference." He said.

"The last thing I wanted to talk about was how to get your mind off of seeking revenge. Sometimes we may feel so consumed by the wrong done to us that all we can think about is getting revenge, and it’s eating us up inside. We may think that by refusing to forgive we are punishing the other person, but as someone has said, that’s kind of like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. If they really don’t like you, they’ll be happy that you’re being eaten alive while they’ve gotten on with their life. If you decide to please God and to treat your enemies with kindness, then you’ve taken two very important steps. But how do you get rid of that angry, painful, nagging feeling inside? How do you get your mind off of seeking revenge? Does anybody know?"

"Tell us!" Someone shouted.

"Peach it!" Someone else yelled.

"Try saying these three words to yourself: “I am forgiven.” Don't look at me like that. Just listen you may think, “Wait a minute. What do you mean? I don’t need to be forgiven! I didn’t do anything wrong! I’m the one who was hurt!” That may be true, but only when we come to grips with our own need for forgiveness can we forgive others. Peter reminds the ones who’ve been mistreated that they have been forgiven by God… Jesus himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. There’s a saying: “Hurt people that hurt people.” People who focus all their energy on the injustice they’ve suffered tend to be consumed by it. Their pain comes out as hostility toward the rest of the world. Instead of focusing on the pain, remind yourself that you need forgiveness and God has graciously forgiven you." By now tears were streaming down my face. In a way I was feeling relieved and that no matter what I am to face God has my back.

"You can’t control what someone did in the past, but you can rejoice that your sins are forgiven and that you’ve been given a new start. You may have been taken advantage of, mistreated, used, and abused. Remember that Jesus can understand your pain because he went through it too. If you refuse to allow yourself to be consumed with revenge but instead allow yourself to be consumed with forgiveness, you’ll experience God’s grace in a powerful way. Remember: By his wounds you will be healed." The congregation clapped and shouted Amen.

After the service I felt much better. The hate that I had toward my uncle was all there, but not as strong. I always hard my mama say

"Alyana God will make your enemies your foot stool. So don't worry about what is or had happened. Just watch how God turns it around baby girl." I wiped my tears remembering those words.

I miss you both so much.