Part twenty one

The next few days in the cage were hell. Stiles and Derek didn't get much food or sleep. Kate kept coming in and taunting them. Stiles was on the brink of going insane and Derek was running out of ideas on how to keep Stiles sane.

"Oh my god, I don't know how much more of this I can take." Stiles groaned in frustration. "Are we any closer to thinking of a plan out of here??" He asked. "No, not yet. I'm still thinking of a plan." Derek sighed. Stiles groaned. "We'll get out of here soon, don't worry." Derek wrapped his arms around Stiles, trying to calm him down.

A few minutes later, someone walked into the room to give them food and left promptly after. Stiles grabbed the tray as he didn't want Derek going near the bars of the cage.  Stiles handed Derek his food and then sat down to eat his own. Derek went to eat his food when he noticed there was a piece of paper sticking out of the edge of his sandwich. He pulled it out and realised it was a note, which read:

I know you two are planning on breaking out of here so let me help. If you haven't noticed, I have left the cage unlocked. In one hour, Kate will have left the building with a few other people. That will be your only chance to leave. If you mess this up, there's a chance you won't make it out alive.

Derek read the note a couple times before turning to Stiles, "I know how we are getting out of here." Stiles looked at him, "How are we getting out??" Derek handed him the note to read. Stiles read through it a few times just like Derek did, trying to process what was happening. "Oh my god, we can finally go home." Stiles said in disbelief. "Yeah, we're finally going home." Derek smiled.

He watched the clock for the next hour. He had to figure out how they were going to get through the building without getting caught and that was his main concern. He didn't know the layout of the building. He also didn't know him many people were still going to be there. This plan was on the brink of impossible but that wasn't going to stop him. He just wanted to get Stiles back home.

The next hour involved Derek doing a lot of planning, trying to listen to where people were in the building and using that to figure out where to go. As soon as the clock hit 1:15, Derek turned to Stiles, "Right, it's time. Let's get out of here." Stiles was up on his feet in seconds and went to the cage door and opened it.

Derek stepped out of the gate first and went to the main door and opened it. He listened for noises and when he heard nothing, him and Stiles left the room. Neither of them knew what to expect and neither of them didn't expect to get out of there easily. Neither of them expected anything that would happen.