Part one

Ping. Derek had an email from his boss, Jones. He figured it would probably be a congratulations from successfully completing the last mission he was on even though it was the easiest one he had been on yet. However, the email wasn't a congratulatory email. Jones was sending him on another mission.

Derek thought it would be a normal mission, like protect a socialite or a celebrity like he usually did. He enjoyed those missions, he found them amusing sometimes. The girls would try and flirt with him, the guys would get grumpy because their girlfriends would flirt with him. However, this time would be different.

Jones told Derek that the president wanted him specifically to protect his son. He stared at the laptop screen for a few minutes, not sure on how to process the information of protecting the president's son. He had protected a few important people before, senators and people like that but never anyone this important. He made a mental note to ask why the president wanted him specifically.

His boss wanted him in the briefing room in two hours for a quick brief on the case before Derek was sent out to Washington D.C that day. He knew the brief would be short and to the point, informing Derek on the important detail: Who he was protecting, Why he was protecting them and what the main threats were. Once that was done, Jones usually had a short conversation about Derek's personal life as Jones was like a father figure to Derek.

Derek wasn't sure he was ready for this even though he had been training for this for years. He enrolled in the marines at the age of 17, however leaving at the age of 22. He had been in the organisation for three years. He is the best operative Jones has in the organisation, although this was because he had one advantage that everyone else didn't have: He was a werewolf.

Being a werewolf was easy for him to control. His pack was now his family, which meant they were also his anchor now and not his anger. However, being away from them for the last three months also meant it was harder for him to control his wolf and it was getting more difficult the longer he was away.

He sighed and emailed Jones back saying he would be there. He closed his laptop and got off his bed. He has loads of packing to do and not enough time to do it.

He grumbled to himself as he looked outside. The moon would be full in a few nights and he was going to be on an assignment when it happened. Not that that was unusual. He just couldn't help his pack when they needed him on the full moon. He just asked asked his sister, Cora, to help them.

Cora was the only person outside the organisation that knew what was happening at all times. Jones treated Cora like a daughter, just like he treated Derek as a son. Jones did offer Cora a place in the organisation but she turned it down. Jones allowed her to help on missions though. She usually helped with background information and did occasionally go on a mission with someone from the organisation if they were desperate enough.

Once he had finished packing everything he needed: his clothes, some shoes, a few books and some weapons and ammo, he sat on his bed and looked through the file that Jones had sent him about his newest assignment. It wasn't that big of a file because the President's son didn't make himself known very often.

He looked through the information first before the picture. When he finally looked at the picture, he smiled a little. He was good looking but Derek knew he wouldn't be able to admit that to anyone, except maybe his sister, although he knew she would say the same thing she always said if he thought a client was good looking: "You can't get involved with someone when you're on a mission". He sighed and closed the computer and then headed down to the briefing room.

The brief was short, just as Derek expected. Jones explained the fact that this would probably be the most dangerous mission yet. There had been many terrorist threats one the President and his son, especially from an unknown group in particular.

After about fifteen minutes, the brief was over and another twenty minutes after that, Derek was getting ready to board his flight.