Part sixteen

Around midnight, Derek walked back into the loft, carrying Cora, who was asleep. He walked into the room everyone else was in. Everyone else was still awake and looked at him when he walked in. "Hey, What are you guys still doing up??" He asked before noticing all the alcohol bottles, "Oh, I know why," He chuckled.

They laughed. "We decided to have a mini party," Erica said, getting up, "Here, let me take Cora upstairs," she smiled. Derek smiled and handed Cora to Erica, who took her upstairs. Derek looked at Stiles, "How drunk are you right now??" He smiled. Stiles giggled, "Not that drunk, honest," Stiles slurred, sounding a lot more drunk than he said he was.

Derek chuckled, "Come on, let's get you up to bed." Stiles whined. Derek chuckled more and picked Stiles up. This earned another whine from Stiles. Derek smiled and carried him upstairs. Stiles stopped whining and cuddled into Derek. Derek smiled as he walked into the bedroom and put Stiles on the bed. Stiles moved and burrowed himself under the blanket, popping his head out so he could still see Derek.

"You look really good in your uniform." Stiles giggled a little. "Thank you but I think it's time for to take it off. I can't keep it on all the time." Derek chuckled. "That's fine, I much prefer seeing you in nothing anyway." Stiles smirked. Derek laughed, "You're much too drunk for anything sexual tonight Stiles." Stiles grumbled. Derek chuckled and got undressed, carefully hanging up his uniform. Stiles laid there and watched. Once undressed, Derek got into bed, pulling Stiles close to him. Stiles made happy noises and cuddled into him. Derek smiled.

"How was the funeral??" Stiles asked, sitting up a little to look at Derek. Derek shrugged a little, "It went as good as funerals normally do. Spent most of it trying to comfort Cora and Kirsty and then the other part focusing on the speech." He sighed. Stiles gave him a small squeeze. "The drinks after were fun though. Cora and Kirsty relaxed a lot and we shared random stories of childhood and other stuff." Derek smiled.

Stiles smiled, "Thats good, at least you guys had some fun even though it was a sad day." He said, laying back down again, feeling a little sleepy as the alcohol was wearing off. Derek pulled him closer again, "You should probably go sleep." Stiles nodded, mumbling something incoherently. Derek chuckled a little and played with Stiles' hair until he fell asleep, which didn't take long. Derek smiled once Stiles was asleep and soon fell asleep himself.

A few hours later, Stiles woke up to the sound of Derek whimpering, sleep talking and fidgeting beside him. He sat up, confused about what was happening at first but quickly realised that Derek was having a nightmare. Stiles tried to wake him up, "Derek, it's ok, it's just a dream, you just need to wake up." He ran his fingers through Derek's hair, hoping the contact would soothe Derek.

Derek calmed down a little to the sound of Stiles' voice and the contact between them, however, he didn't wake up. Stiles carried on playing with Derek's hair, still trying to wake him up, "Derek baby, you just need to wake up. It's only a bad dream. You're safe here with me." Stiles carried on until Derek finally woke up, gasping for air.

Stiles did his best to calm him down, "Hey, it's ok, you're ok. It was just a dream. You're safe, you're here with me." Derek pulled Stiles close to him, needing to be close to his mate. Stiles carried on comforting Derek, trying to keep him calm.

Soon, Derek had completely calmed down. He nuzzled Stiles a little. Stiles smiled, "Are you feeling ok now??" He asked. Derek shrugged a little. "Do you want to talk about it??" Stiles asked. Derek shook his head. Stiles nodded a little, "Ok, you don't need to tell me." He kissed the closest part of Derek. "You should go back to sleep." Derek said quietly. "Yay, I'm tired." Stiles chuckled a little, getting comfy. Derek smiled.

Stiles moved Derek's hand to the top of his head as an indication to play with his hair. Derek smiled and happily obliged and started to play with Stiles' hair. Stiles smiled and made happy noises. It wasn't long until he fell back to sleep. Derek smiled and watched his mate sleep. It wasn't until a few hours later, Derek fell asleep again himself.