Part twenty

Six hours later, Stiles woke up. He looked around and groaned, "I was hoping this was all a dream." He whined a little. "It's not unfortunately." Derek sighed, sitting up. Stiles whined, "I would be able to cope with this a lot better if I was able to physically hug you." Derek nodded, "So would I, don't worry."

"Did anyone come in whilst I was asleep??" Stiles asked. Derek nodded, "Yeah, another guy came in to give us more food and Kate came in to make sure I hadn't lost my mind yet." He sighed. "Wait, how long was I asleep for??" Stiles asked. "I don't know, a few hours maybe." Derek said, getting up and wondering around his cage again.

"Did you ask Kate why we couldn't be closer to each other??" Stiles asked, watching him. "Yeah, She said she know I would go insane from being in a cage and she doesn't want me to hurt you." Derek sighed, sitting down. "At least she was being cautious about my safety." Stiles sighed, getting up and wandering as far as the chains would let him.

"Do you know what else sucks about this whole situation?? It's the fact that I can't take my meds so I'm just going to get all restless and aggravated and cranky." Stiles sighed before sitting back down again. "Well, when Kate comes back in, we can try and persuade her to let you in here with me if you want. I can try and keep you calm."  Derek suggested. Stiles nodded, "That might help."

Derek held his hand out to Stiles. Stiles took his hand. "Have you got any idea on a way of escaping yet??" Stiles asked. "The only thing I thought of  was the window up there but it would just about big enough for you to fit through, not me." Derek sighed, looking around. "I also have no clue how I would get out of the cage or how I would disable the camera." Derek added. Stiles sighed, "Well, we'll think of something." Derek nodded, "Yeah, we will."

A few minutes later, Kate walked into the room. Derek growled a little. "Jeez Derek, relax. I'm not going to do anything. I just wanted to make sure no one had gone insane because we don't want that now, do we??" Kate moved towards the cage. Derek didn't take his eyes off her, "What do you want Kate??" He growled again. "All I want to know is if there's anything I can do for you guys. You may be my hostages but I want to make it slightly more comfortable for you both." Kate stated.

"Well, for starters, you can put me back in the cage with Derek." Stiles practically demanded. "You know there's a risk that Derek could hurt you right??" Kate asked. "He's less likely to hurt me than he is with you." Stiles remarked. "Someone's cranky today," Kate chuckled, "Ok, I'll let you back in with Derek but if you get hurt, I'm not taking the blame." She took the chains off Stiles and shoved him into the cage.

Derek automatically pulled Stiles close to him. Stiles hugged him tightly. "Ugh, I can't watch you guys be lovey dovey." Kate groaned and left the room. Stiles and Derek didn't let go of each other for about ten minutes. "I'm so glad to be holding you again, I'm getting so stressed out about being in here." Stiles mumbled into Derek's chest. "I know baby, I know. I'm going to get us out of here soon."

Derek gave him a small squeeze. He wasn't sure how he was going to get them out but he knew he would. He just needed a plan and that was going to be the hard bit. With the cameras watching them, the chances of them getting out was low. The chances of them getting out alive was even lower. He sighed again but wasn't going to tell Stiles his thoughts. He didn't want to ruin his hopes.