Part seventeen

About 10 o'clock that morning, Stiles woke up to an empty bed. He looked around for Derek but only found a note on the bedside table:

Hey Baby,
Sorry I'm not there for when you wake up, I went out to get stuff to make pancakes for breakfast. I'll try not to be too long.

I love you
Derek x

Stiles smiled and rolled over, burying his face into Derek's pillow, breathing in Derek's smell. The space was cold so Derek must've left a while ago. He sighed and messaged Derek to see how long he would be:

Hey baby, I'm awake and excited for pancakes. How long are you going to be?? X

He pressed send and decided to get up and go see if Cora and Erica were awake as everyone else went home that night. He went downstairs and into the lounge and saw Cora laying on the sofa. "Morning," He smiled. Cora sat up and looked at him, "Morning," She smiled back and opened her arms out for a hug. Stiles sat down and cuddled into her.

"How did you sleep??" Stiles asked. "Not well. After waking up when I got home, Erica had to put up with me crying for a good few hours," Cora sighed. Stiles gave her a small squeeze, "You'll start to feel better about it soon, I promise." Cora smiled.

They stayed there for a few minutes before Stiles looked at his phone and sighed. There was still no reply from Derek. "What's wrong??" Cora asked. "It's nothing, it's just Derek hasn't replied to my message and he always replies straight away." Stiles frowned a little. Cora looked at the time and then at Stiles, "He's been out nearly two hours, he should be home soon. Don't worry about it." Cora gave him a small squeeze to comfort him a little. Stiles just nodded.

A little while later, Stiles got a message from Derek:

Hey Stiles, I'm outside. Can you come down please??

Stiles replied quickly:

What's up baby?? Are you ok??

He got a reply back a few minutes later:

Just come outside please

Stiles frowned. Derek always called him baby or baby boy since they had been together and he always sent Stiles at least one kiss at the end of a message. Maybe someone had pissed him off. He hoped not because then it would be difficult to get him out of that mood. "I'll be back. Derek says he's outside and that he wants me down there for some reason." He said, getting up. Cora nodded. He headed outside, hoping Derek was ok.

He walked outside and looked around. He couldn't see Derek's car anywhere. He frowned and walked around trying to find Derek's car. The only thing he saw was a van parked outside of a building that was getting renovated so he didn't think anything about that.

After a few more minutes of walking around, he turned around to go back inside. As he turned around, he didn't notice the person in front of him swing for him and knock him out. He was unconscious within seconds. He was dragged into the back of the van, where Derek was also sat, unconscious. The van drove off before anyone realised what happened.