Part four

Derek sighed as he turned his alarm off. The bed was comfy and he didn't want to leave it but he had a job to do.

He got up and get dressed in his suit. As much as he loved wearing his suit and how great he looked in it, he wished he could wear his normal clothes. He sighed. He would talk to the president later on about wearing other stuff. He knew he would blend in more and maybe Stiles would feel better if Derek wasn't dressed in a suit.

He was soon in his car and was driving to Stiles' school, which only took him about twenty minutes. He pulled up outside the gate and got out the car and leant against it. He looked at all the other cars parked along the road. He already knew that the school was a private school. All the other people outside the school were either chauffeurs or bodyguards and few parents if the kids were lucky enough to have their parents pick them up.

He was sent a file on everyone: the bodyguards, chauffeurs, parents, students and staff. He had to memorise each of every one of them to make sure there wasn't anyone there that wasn't supposed to be there. This was the worst part of his job. There was nearly two thousand faces to remember and he knew it would take a while to remember them, even with how good his memory was. Stiles was the most important kid in the school. Everyone knew he had the most security in the school. Stiles safety was top priority for everyone, especially now as there had been an increase of threats on the White House.

After waiting ten minutes, kids started to come out the gate. He kept an eye out for Stiles. It wasn't long until he saw him with a group of friends, all laughing. He could hear Stiles' laugh from the car and it made him smile a little sadly. He couldn't remember the last time he laughed as a kid.

Stiles soon spotted Derek and sighed. He couldn't tell if he was happy or annoyed about the fact he had a bodyguard. "I'll see you all Monday" Stiles said to his friends before heading towards Derek.

"You must be Stiles" Derek smiled. "Yep, that's me" Stiles smiled a little. "Well, let's get going" Derek said, opening the door for Stiles. "I can open the door myself but thanks" Stiles smiled, getting in the car. Derek smiled and shut the door, getting in the car himself. He started the engine and pulled away from the school, heading back towards the White House, "So Stiles, What have your other bodyguards been like?? I heard you've had quite a few of them." Derek looked at Stiles in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, I have had quite a few of them. All of them being massive assholes and didn't actually care if anything happened to me. " Stiles sighed as he looked out the window. "Well, no wonder you don't like them. They weren't doing their job properly by the sounds of things." Derek frowned.

"You got that right," Stiles murmured, "You're not an asshole right??" He questioned. Derek shook his head, "The only way I'll be an asshole is if we are friends, it's just how I show my love." Stiles laughed a little and climbed into the front seat of the car, being careful not to knock Derek whilst he was driving.

"You ok there??" Derek chuckled. "Yeah, I'm good. I haven't sat in the front before. I didn't trust the others but I trust you, even though I've just met you, so I thought I would sit here with you." Stiles smiled at him as he sat in the seat. Derek smiled, "Well, it's a good thing you can trust me. That means we should get along just fine"

Derek shifted in his seat a little. The close proximity of Stiles was affecting him in some way. He didn't know what it was or why it was happening. It had never happened before. He decided he would ask Cora if she had any ideas as to why he was feeling like that later.

"So, your dad is working late tonight so is there anything you want to do??" Derek asked. "You want to hang out with me?? Are you allowed to do that??" Stiles sounded shocked.

"Well, good bodyguards try to build a good relationship between them and the people they are working for. It's easier to protect people if they trust you," Derek explained. "That makes sense. Well then, uh, Shall we go get pizza??" Stiles suggested. Derek nodded, "Pizza sounds amazing, just tell me where to go."