Part thirteen

Hours later, Stiles woke up from his nap. It was dark outside but Derek was still driving. "Hey sleepyhead, how was your nap??" Derek smiled. "It was good. Where are we and what time is it??" Stiles asked sleepily.

"We're in Kansas and it's almost 10." Derek smiled. Stiles nodded, "How long was I asleep for??" He asked. "About two hours." Derek replied. "Are we going to stop off at a motel tonight??" Stiles asked, moving a little to sit comfier. Derek shook his head. "How are you going to Skype Cora then??" Stiles pointed out. "I'll pull over in a bit and call her." Derek looked at Stiles briefly. Stiles nodded and got some snacks from a bag and started eating.

After a while, Derek pulled over so he could call Cora. "Remember, don't say a word about us going to Beacon Hills." Derek looked at Stiles. "Don't worry, I won't." Stiles smiled. Derek nodded and called Cora, who answered after the first two rings, "Hey Der, wait are you in your car??" She asked. Derek nodded, "Yeah, Stiles is with me as well. We were hungry so we went out for some food." Derek lied. "Oh ok, hey Stiles." She smiled. "Hey Cora." Stiles smiled back.

"So, I heard Derek told you everything last night." Cora said to Stiles. "Yeah, He did." Stiles nodded. "Well, you're still hanging out with Derek so I see you're not scared or anything." Cora chuckled a little. "I told Derek I had more nightmares on failing AP chemistry." Stiles laughed. Cora laughed, "I wouldn't know how bad it is, I don't go school." She smiled. "You should be going." Derek told her. "Yeah Yeah." Cora chuckled.

"Anyway Derek, you need to come home soon. It's been three months and we all miss you like crazy. I miss you most of course. I need my big brother." Cora sighed, looking sad. "I know Cora, I know. I'm planning on taking a few days leave soon to come see you guys." Derek smiled. "You better." Cora smiled happily.

"How would you feel if I brought Stiles with me?? I'm sure he could do with a break somewhere." Derek smiled. "Yes, You should definitely bring Stiles with you. I would love to meet your mate. Wait, does he know you're his mate??" Cora asked. "Yes, I definitely know I'm his mate." Stiles smirked. "What do you mean by "definitely"?? Derek, what does he mean?? Why is he smirking??" Cora asked.

"It's nothing." Derek said at the same time as Stiles said "We kissed." Cora's mouth dropped open, "You kissed?!" She pretty much squealed. "It was more than a kiss. It was more like a lift me up and put me on his car bonnet type of kiss." Stiles smirked.

"You, shut up." Derek pointed at stiles, trying not to chuckle. He looked at Cora, "I was going to tell you at some point, just not today." He sighed. "So when were you going to tell me??" She asked. "When were you going to tell me about you and Erica??" Derek asked. "Touché." She chuckled.

"Anyway, I need to go. Me and Stiles need to get back, it's getting late." Derek sighed. Cora frowned a little and nodded, "Yeah, you're right. I'll see you soon??" She asked. Derek nodded, "Yeah, I'll see you soon Cora." He smiled. She smiled and hung up.

"She misses you a lot." Stiles stated. "Yeah, I know. If I drive fast enough, she'll see me midday tomorrow." Derek smiled as he started driving again. "Ok, well, I'm going to sleep again if you're going to drive all night." Stiles shifted to comfy position. "Ok, I'll see you in the morning." Derek smiled. "See you in the morning." Stiles smiled, not taking long to fall back to sleep.