Chapter 57

Caspian and Elincia left Axium with their party, now consisting of ten people instead of nine, and journeyed to meet with an elf that Maddison apparently knew. None of them knew how Maddison knew this elf. According to her, she met him during their travels.

Axium was on the eastern side of Arcadia, near Takama no Hara. Maddison took them north-west, which was closer to Helheim, where the sorceress Hildegarde resided.

Technically speaking, they were still in the Ruudon Province, which was the rural province that provided most of Arcadia's food. As expected of such a province, they passed many farms on their travels.

They did not take any trains this time. While that would have been faster, it also would have been a lot more dangerous. Every city they entered had not only Peacekeepers but also Knights patrolling the streets, checking train passes, and remaining on the lookout for anyone who could potentially be a sorceress or sorceress sympathizer.

It was fortunate that not all Peacekeepers had sided with the duke; there were many who believed in the sorceresses and, more specifically, who believed in Sylvia. These people had formed a network, of which Commander Feral and Headmaster Stratello were a part of, and it was they who helped Caspian's group travel through each city undetected.

Since they couldn't travel by train, and traveling by foot would take way too much time, Commander Feral had given them a carriage. Unlike the cart they had used previously, this carriage was comfortable and capable of fitting eight people in the back. It consisted of two long benches facing each other. The benches were made of soft leather and padded foam. While the outside was plain and unadorned with any decoration, the inside looked like something fit for royalty. It also came with curtains that could be drawn so nobody outside could see inside.

At that moment, everyone except Christo was sitting inside of the carriage. While the young man steadily drove the land dragons onward, the group consisting of Caspian, Cassidy, Collafloore, Derek, Elincia, Erica, Maddison, Sylvia, and Tiffania were inside of the carriage. It was cramped. While this carriage was indeed capable of fitting eight people, that was its maximum capacity, and they were even one over

To counteract the fact that so many people were onboard, Elincia was sitting on Caspian's lap, her small, firm butt pressing against his crotch. That made it a little hard to focus. It was especially bad because for nearly two weeks, and in that time, they had not been able to have sex even once. Caspian wouldn't call himself a sex fiend, but having his beautiful and beloved Elincia sitting on his lap, yet being unable to actually do anything with her, was a torture he would not wish anyone to go through--not even his enemies.

Tiffania was also sitting on Erica's lap, but she was so small it didn't really affect the lack of space.

"We'll be coming up on Wakefield soon," Maddison said. "It's a small town, so there are no Peacekeeper garrisons, but we should still be on guard. I imagine there will be plenty of Peacekeepers even without a garrison. There might even be a few Knights among their ranks."

"Is the elf you spoke of hiding out in this town?" asked Sylvia.

"Naw." Maddison shook her head. "He's a little further out... about two kilometers or so, I'd guesstimate."

"So you don't even know how far out he is?" Erica gave a condescending smile. "As expected from a third-rate sorceress."

"Can it, you succubus wench," Maddison snapped.

Caspian, Elincia, and Sylvia released weary sighs as the two began arguing again. For whatever reason, Erica and Maddison were like oil and water. The two of them were constantly bickering and sniping at each other. If they let them, these two could argue for hours, though most of their fights seemed to consist of childish name calling.